Macros

Options
What should be my Macros? I fell off the wagon recently, and I see a lot of different things said about Macros, therefore now I'm inquiring.

I'm 29
5'4
164 lbs (want to lose 30 lbs)

Anddd I have no idea what the macros should be. I did a calculation on a site but the protein seems very high for a female? Also, the carbs were very low, and I thought it was a good idea to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables to lose weight? Well how is this possible if your carbs are very low.

Any info is appreciated. Thank-you! :)

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Protien+lifting help prevent muscle loss while losing weight.

I eat 120g of protien a day...

Those sites are estimates so just take it with a grain of salt but they are pretty close
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Should I be eating less veggies and fruits because they don't fall into my macros though? As it says something like 55g of carbs?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Regardless of my weight control goals (i.e. losing, maintaining, or gaining) I maintain roughly 1 gram of protein per Lb of LBM and somewhere between 0.35 - 0.4 grams of fat per Lb of body weight. Carbs are my flex...so obviously while reducing intake I cut carbs back and increase carbs for maintenance or to gain. Don't take that to mean I low carb though...I most definitely don't...in my current cut, carbs represent around 45% of my diet @ 260 grams.
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    So maybe I should just go with - eat per lb of protein; .4 grams of fat per lb of body weight; and lower bread intake while still taking in fruits and veggies....?

lol
  • bridgetonamission
    Options
    Depending on your level of activity, I would say carbs/protein/fat... 115/135/60? For me, I try to eat 1g of protein per pound of my goal weight. Carbs are not the enemy!! Complex carbs are fine to eat. I have a very restricted diet (gluten allergy and sensitivity to soy) so my personal intake is a little wacked, but if your carbs fit your macros, go for it.