Low Car Lunch Ideas

Options
I need to lower my Carb intake and I think I can get the most impact during lunch, most of the time I have a sandwhich. If you have an idea and would like to share for a low carb lunch I would appreciate the information. :wink:

Replies

• lbarbosa87
    lbarbosa87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Here are some fun ideas to do instead of just a salad.
    1.) Do a "lettuce wrap" instead of using the tortilla or bread. Simply place all the ingredients you would have in your sandwich and place them in the lettuce. Use iceberg lettuce or romaine lettuce for the shells.

2.) Lettuce tacos are another good option. I like to stir fry some bell pepper and use taco seasoning on the chicken or ground turkey and add some cheese and cilantro on top. Use iceberg lettuce or romaine lettuce for the shells

3.) Stir frys are always a good option too. Chop up some bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, snap peas, green beans and put them all in the pan and season with a tablespoon of soy sauce. Grill some chicken, shrimp or beef and top it on the stir fry when you're done.

4.) Ceviche is another tasty treat. I don't know where you live but a lot of grocery stores have it pre made.

Hope this helps!
  • ShayShayFletch
    ShayShayFletch Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • templeforlife
    Options
    Thanks for the tips :smile: , the lettuce wrap sounds yummy, can't cook at work though :frown:
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    sub out a low carb wrap for the bread if you need something sandwich like.

I eat a big salad almost every day, with some meat and cheese on it for fat and protein. Even a giant salad doesn't have that many net carbs if you watch what you put in it. That's something you can make the night before and take with you.
  • templeforlife
    Options
    meat and cheese on a salad, I will give it a try. I like the wraps some days I just don't feel full. To be honest I am not big on Salads perhaps that is the problem, I get tired of them after a while. Thanks for the idea maybe the meat/cheese will offer a new taste and less boring.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I have leftovers from the night before, make huge salads..............lettuce wraps filled with lots of meat
  • Gray_Sare
    Gray_Sare Posts: 21
    Options
    You can do stir fry with less rice and more veggies! Or splurge on the low carb pasta for a treat. They make low carb bread, or do half a sandwich instead of a whole and add a side of veggies. I do salads mostly, sorry I'm not much help!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In.

LIKE-us-on-Facebook-3275.jpg

(Wait, what?)
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    just out of curiosity, why do you need to lower your carbs?
  • sushidulces
    sushidulces Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    The low sodium pouches of Starkist tuna are my favorite thing to take for lunch. 17 g protein, no carbs, 70 cals :)
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    In.

LIKE-us-on-Facebook-3275.jpg

(Wait, what?)

Came here for this. Leaving satisfied.
  • micervera
    micervera Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I make myself chicken breast with broccoli. Turkey lettuce wraps. Salads w/ a lot of veggies
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Saint Joseph's Lavash wraps are a great alternative. Yes they still have carb but its not terrible. other than that you can hollow out a cucumber and make your sandwich in that or just roll up deli meat ( I use thin N trim ) and eat that.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips :smile: , the lettuce wrap sounds yummy, can't cook at work though :frown:

Make your filling the night before, keep in the fridge and pack your lettuce wraps and filling. Then when you get to work, heat the meat up and voila.
  • templeforlife
    Options
    Yummy Ideas, I had forgotten about the Tuna Packs Thanks. The reason to lower carb intake is to loose a little weight and my total calorie (recommended) intake a day is 1200 which 300 can be blown just on Bread.
  • Hovercat
    Hovercat Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I usually have almonds on hand and some babybel cheese. I also make chia pudding with a cup of unsweetened coconut or almond milk, 3ish tablespoons chia seeds (ground up has a better texture for me) add some cinnamon and vanilla stevia.