Advise

Options
Help, I’m just starting my second week however im a bit frustrated with the results of my first week. I didn’t lost weight however I lost 2 inches from my waist and 1.5 inches from my hips. What can I do different to also see result in the scale? I have try numerous diets without any result and I definitely do not want to get frustrated and quick this time. I have a few special occasions coming up and I will love to be in the pictures

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    You lost 2 inches from your waist in a week and you're frustrated? :huh: Maybe you need to change your expectations a little, or you are definitely going to struggle long term. :flowerforyou:

(Also - I would have thought losing inches would have a bigger impact on what you look like in the pictures than losing lbs)

(also - get in the pictures anyway, if the occasions are that special.)
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Yeah, a week in...
  • danielpronata
    Options
    Quite often when you begin to downsize your weight wont go down immediately. Particularly if your exercising, you likely built up some new muscle mass while burning off the fat (muscle weighs more).

Don't get disheartened. 2 Inches is proof that what your doing is working. Just remember - slow weight loss is healthy weight loss.
  • train_01
    train_01 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other poster. Honestly, weight is just a number, one tool in tracking your progress. A few weeks ago I was talking to my friend about our health goals. We both discovered to our astonishment that we weighed the same (220 at the time), we are the same height (5'4), but she was a size 24 and I was a size 16! So case in point, the number didn't mean a darn thing, but rather our body types. You can lose weight, but not lose inches and vice versa. Personally, I'd rather the inches go away and keep the lbs if I had to choose one or the other. :)