I am new and would like to make fitness friends!

Options
Hi, my name is Nicole and I live in East County, San Diego. I have a lot of free time and I would like to find friends who would like workout partners to hike, walk, jog (a little), do yoga, surf (south of Del Mar), or go to the gym (24 hour fitness). I am 43 years old and about 15 pounds heavier than I would like to be. It is that darn gourmet cooking I like to do and the glass of wine with it! I have no age preference of workout partner that I seek, but I believe wholeheartedly that having a friend or trainer holds me more accountable than on my own.

Please friend me... I am very sincere about getting into better shape and making new friends, before and after the holidays.

Happy Health to you all!
Nicole

Replies

• Denita
    Denita Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I don't live in your area so I can't workout with you but I can be supportive with encouraging words. :o) Good luck to you!!
  • Iron_Biker
    Iron_Biker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicole! I don't live in San Diego, but you can count on me for support and info on workouts (my specialty is runnning).

I would love to hear more about that habit you call Gourmet Cooking. We frequently share recipes amongst MFP friends.

Welcome!
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Welcome !

I don't live in your area but I wasn't to let you know that there is an option to search for people who do live in your area. I think it's "find members" under the "community" tab.

I wish you the best.

- Eva
  • nicolekallis
    Options
    Thank you. I just started searching in my area. I am hopeful to meet somebody in the next two weeks to start working out with :)
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Goodluck on your journey, I don't live near you, but I hope you are able to find someone......
  • wills2be
    Options
    Welcome! You've come to a great site! Unfortunately I don't live anywhere near you or in the same country for that matter. Im in New Zealand but feel free to add me.
    Good luck!! :)
  • mobymarsh
    mobymarsh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i too do not live near you, i live in england but if you tell me how far you are going to walk jog or do some home fitness i will try and match you each time.
  • nicolekallis
    Options
    today I went 1,350 calories over my limit and MFP says that in 5 weeks if I keep eating like this I will gain 9 pounds... That would be very bad for me... I am glad to know that I need to keep better track of what I eat and how active I am.
  • shannonichole
    Options
    I live fairly close to you!!! I'm new to the area so I am still trying to figure out where everything is. I sent you a friend request!