Low-cal healthy dip for a party

Options
lsiegel16
lsiegel16 Posts: 3 Member
I'm going to a party this weekend and instead of bringing a bottle of wine or something, I'm going to be making a dip and bringing chips to share(for about 7-9 people)! Unfortunately, a lot of the recipes I'm finding seem to use tons of cream cheese and are very high in calories. Any suggestions from anyone for something healthy to make?

Replies

• claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Check skinnytaste.com , the site has a good Blt dip.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    use greek yogurt as a base and from there you can add different seasonings/spices to it. or you can mix in a french onion packet or a ranch seasoning packet for easy convenience.
  • kschhr
    kschhr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    1 can of artichoke hearts
    1 BIG handful of spinach
    1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese

Combine spinach & artichoke hearts in a food processor, then fold in the cheese. Heat it up and put it in your mouth.
  • Sunflwer3
    Sunflwer3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Home made salsa is always a good one. Who doesn't like chips and salsa?!?!?!
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I would make a taco dip light cream cheese and greek yogurt mixed with a hand blender use that as the base - spread salsa or taco sauce over the base - veg chopped up small (green, yellow and red peppers, green onions and maybe some hot peppers) a bit of low fat shredded cheese on top
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    What about making a salsa? Salsas with fruit in it (such as mango or peach) are a big hit and are a little bit of a twist compared to regular salsa.

Plus salsa tends to be low cal!
  • manderz_46
    manderz_46 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hot Corn and Cheese Dip. You can eat 1/4 of the whole recipe for 238 calories (this doesn't include the chips for dipping) using low fat mayonnaise. Even less calories if you substitute low fat cheese. You can see the recipe here: http://wishesndishes.com/hot-corn-and-cheese-dip/
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I took this dip and cut up veggies to a party and it was gone in no time. The cheese is reduced fat, and the sour cream is fat free.

Roasted Red Pepper Dip

4 oz lowfat cream cheese
    8 oz fat free sour cream
    1 jar (12 oz.) roasted red peppers, drained, chopped (about 1 cup)

Place cheese, sour cream, and peppers in bowl. Mix well. Cover.

REFRIGERATE at least 2 hours.

SPOON into serving bowl.

Serve with crackers or cut up vegetables or spread on toast.
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    1 can of artichoke hearts
    1 BIG handful of spinach
    1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese

Combine spinach & artichoke hearts in a food processor, then fold in the cheese. Heat it up and put it in your mouth.

i have never had artichoke cos i never know what to do with it but i think even i could manage that! Might give it a go, thanks.
  • lillilanda
    lillilanda Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Blueberry avocado salsa! The recipe looks really odd but trust me this is to DIE for. I get asked for the recipe whenever I make it.

•1 1/2 cups fresh tomatoes, quartered
    •2 cups fresh blueberries
    •2 tbsp lime juice
    •1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped small
    •Pinch of salt
    •1 tbsp chopped jalepeno pepper
    •1 ripe avocado, cut into small chunks
    Mix in bowl and eat.