Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

anybody else??

hello everyone. i'm new to the forums but have been using MFP for a while! ive lost 38lbs. i have alot of health problems so i can't exercise i can only walk which i do abit as i have two young children. i have fibromyalgia M.E and Ehlers-Danlos. i also suffer with clinical depression and i struggle with binge eating. is there anyone else here that struggles with binge eating? i just want to eat chocolate. im trying to be healthy as diet helps my symptoms. any help/advice is much appreciated

xox

Replies

• nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    I am amazed and inspired by your journey! Seeing the incredible success of others in difficult situation makes me know for sure that I will be able to reach my goals :)

On that note, I do also get hit with very strong impulses to binge on Italian foods heavy on the bread and cheese, as well as craving for chocolates. When it happens, I allow myself a taste of whatever I crave (because I probably just want the taste anyways), and then do a full tooth brushing/flossing routine followed by some powerful mouthwash. There's nothing in the world you can eat after mouthwash that will taste good, and the strong burning flavours keep my mouth busy for a while. Plus, it's always such a shame to mess up a really good cleaning with some arbitrary snack.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    It's the reason I'm here. I've made terrific progress in the past (down to 180 for my wedding last june) and destroyed it b/c I basically have no control, unless I count my calories. Like gaining 30 pounds in the span of 3-4 months. Jesus.

Anyway, you aren't alone. I don't even consider myself to technically have an eating disorder, even though I pretty much do (in a more or less generic way). Hang in there and BE CONSISTENT! Count those calories every day. Even when I slip for two days, like a weekend, I wind up reversing so much progress.

Hang in there!
  • missvincent23
    missvincent23 Posts: 25 Member
    yep! the pain is horrific my back is the worst feel like its going to give way alot of the time. also my knees and ankles give way and i fall without warning. and bruise so easily x
  • missvincent23
    ah bless you. its horrid isnt it? i have to use a stick cause the pain is so bad. x
  • missvincent23
    thank you so much :) i havent been able to binge cause im skint but i always binge when i get paid. the temptations are horrible xx
  • shabone
    shabone Posts: 18
    Hi, I just found a binge eating group on here. You should check it out. I just joined it and there is a great challenge going for the month of march
  • missvincent23
    thank you. ill check it out :)
  • s2481
    s2481 Posts: 23 Member
    Nice work on your weight loss! I have a hard time staying in control too. I try to save more food for night time as that's when I seem to be bored and want to eat junk food. It's good to know others are dealing with it too. Maybe we can help eachother.
  • missvincent23
    thank you :) yeah im the same. thats why in the evening once kids are in bed i go upstairs and watch tv in bed as i know i cant go in the fridge then. yeah it is i know nobody that suffers with bed so its nice to know im not alone xx
  • http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/20881-rare-diseases-hemophilia-etc

I have Ehlers-Danlos too! Join my group on here. :)