WINE

Options
Does anyone else manage to do really well... and then start on the WINE? If so, strategies, plans etc? Please share.

I'm not really a 'one glass' kind of girl... My strategy is to work out extra hard if I think I'm going to drink... views on this please?

Also after drinking I madly crave carbs the day after... anyone else get this...? xx

Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Sorry can't help there, just off to the kitchen to top up the glass for my second one???? I will be keeping an eye on this thread for tips.

A glass a day is supposed to be good. Try drinking on a full stomach if you can.

Good luck????
  • kung_fu_red
    Options
    I love me some wine. I'm new to the counting thing so I'll just hang out and take notes.
  • tamzinb10
    tamzinb10 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I like to drink whilst cooking and whilst eating... full stomach doesn't help haha
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I can't really give a tip except perhaps try stop drinking it from an extended period of time to see if that helps you control yourself and stop at one glass.

Nothing wrong with 1 or 2 glasses a day if it fits into your calories; but if you have trouble stopping there then you should reevaluate if it's necessary to have around.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I drink 1 glass a day with dinner and log it. Even two isn't too bad if I have the calorie deficit. Mixed drinks are what really rack up the calories.
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    2 glasses of wine in a day is pretty much all my calories lol.
  • tamzinb10
    Options
    I will go without for a couple of weeks then go for a bottle or two... I suppose it can be worked around....
  • ZOOpergal
    ZOOpergal Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I admit that I do drink my dinner some times...I literally don't eat dinner, but by the second beer I'm not hungry anymore. :drinker:
  • tamzinb10
    Options
    I admit that I do drink my dinner some times...I literally don't eat dinner, but by the second beer I'm not hungry anymore. :drinker:

haha same!
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I usually save enough calories for 2 or 3 glasses of vino a night. I drink it with soda water to stretch it out a bit.
  • _db_
    _db_ Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    hi
  • AlFreebs
    AlFreebs Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I made a pact with myself to not drink at all during the week... It saves a ton of cals & money! It also makes you appreciate that glass SO much more. (By the way, weekend is Friday the second I get home from work - Sunday night!) :)
  • Cath_Taylor
    Cath_Taylor Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Where I am you can buy one glass bottles so I buy those instead of the full size. I also save it for after dinner whilst relaxing etc
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    mmmmm, wine :-) I've slowly gotten myself out of the habit of drinking my lunch...no matter how hard I tried to convince myself that a bloody mary is just an alcoholic salad ;-)
  • Fredhatfield2
    Fredhatfield2 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wine for me is an enjoyable occasion. A drink to have while reflecting on my week and enjoyment of the flavor. Almost an event in itself! Beer on the other hand is a personal weakness.... It's a quick after work drink just to unwind, and it piles on the calories. For me, it's not a problem as I'm trying to gain weight, but it does affect my exercise. Just don't feel as good the next day. I limit that practice. I also try not to get so stressed out that I have the urge to throw a few back. You could try setting a limit for yourself.... Allow "X" number of evenings for that pleasure.
  • kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    If I have wine with dinner I pretty much just eat salad and soup or something like that. It's really hard for me to turn down food once I catch a buzz so I have to like….GO TO BED so I won't graze.
    I try to only drink on weekends as well. And if I'm going out to a bar and drinking vodka sodas, I pretty much try to eat a filling late lunch and skip dinner altogether. Wise? No. Suitable? Sure.
  • roodica
    roodica Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    For me , its everything in moderation - except wine -
    I always think I'll have just one glass - I have two or three and then eat too much.
    I just have to cut it out while I'm trying to lose weight.
  • kathinky
    kathinky Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I rarely have a glass of wine. Even if I count the calories, it slows down my weight loss for some reason.
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I love wine and find it easier to give up dessert than a glass. Last time I went out, I worked really hard with alternating wine and a glass of water. Seemed to work.
    I try to only have it on weekends though and make sure that I've worked out on the days that I do drink it. Honestly, for me, I don't like the numbers on the scale the day after I drink.
    The buying single serving bottles is a good idea because once the regular bottle is open, hard to stop :)
  • tamzinb10
    Options
    mmmmm, wine :-) I've slowly gotten myself out of the habit of drinking my lunch...no matter how hard I tried to convince myself that a bloody mary is just an alcoholic salad ;-)

Haha yes!

Although I've always been a bit dubious of a bloody mary..... vodka and cranberry... mmmmmmmmmmmmm