30 day shred vs T25?

Options
I ask because both are short, which i like a short workout. Im doing 30 day shred, im on day 11 and started level 2 today and this workout is crazy. Im seeing some good results already, and im really liking it. But i have an oportunity to buy t25 for a really good price and i dont know if i should switch to t25 or keep doing the 30 day shred, which i plan on continuing even after the 30 days are over. How much harder is t25? If i think 30 day shred is hard, and i do t25, am i in for a surprise, like im not gonna be able to handle it? I want to hear from people who have done both, 30 day shred and t25, please. I just dont know if i can handle focus t25. But im really wanting results. im small already but im working on looking good in my bikini for my hubby, when we go on vacation in june :)

Replies

• spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    If you want something a bit harder than the 30 day shred and don't want to drop the 100.00 on T25 go and get Jillians Ripped in 30 DVD its at Walmart for like 9.00 its harder then 30 day. Since you have until June I would finish the 30 days shred then go to Ripped in 30. I did that before to prep for a vacation and I was pretty lean after its what got me really hooked on fitness. Now I workout everyday :)
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    OH Ripped in 30 is between 25-40 mins not sure if that is too long.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    T25. Well that is my personal option, I like Shaun T, he can be a little cheesy but Jillian can be really annoying lol. I like the variety of T25 better too. It is a tough workout but you can modify and go at your own pace, I don't always keep up with everyone.
  • fe_nyx
    fe_nyx Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've done the 30ds and got good results. The only thing I didn't like about it was doing the same thing everyday for 10days. By about the 4th or 5th day I was getting bored, which de-motivated me. I started RI30 straight after, and did the first 2 weeks of it, but struck the same issue with getting bored. So I've started T25 this week and am really enjoying it. It's tough but really good. Even though you do the same 5 things over the period, it is mixed up enough to make it interesting (for me anyways)
  • Marie80brown
    Options
    I had done half of 30 days shred about 2 years ago. I like Jillian but I just wasn't in the fitness mind set. I just completed t25 and loved it for about 5 weeks then started to get bored. I substituted one day in my T25 routine with 30DS and fell in love. I ended up doing both program simultaneously!

I can't tell you how effective 30DS is alone, but my first 5 weeks of T25 my body transformed! In that time period I lost and average of 2 inches off of each of my larger body parts: hips, thighs waist. At the end of both programs combined I turned into a hot Mamma! I hope this helped.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    There is a definite difference but you will be fine. There are modifications offered if you need. That said, if you like JM there is another option, JMs Body Revolution is another 90 day program that gives great results. And yes, I own all three :-).
  • staceylcash
    Options
    Well i just got the alpha, beta and gama, for a very awesome price! So im adding t25 to my workout!! Wish me luck!!! Im excited!
  • staceylcash
    Options
    I had done half of 30 days shred about 2 years ago. I like Jillian but I just wasn't in the fitness mind set. I just completed t25 and loved it for about 5 weeks then started to get bored. I substituted one day in my T25 routine with 30DS and fell in love. I ended up doing both program simultaneously!

I can't tell you how effective 30DS is alone, but my first 5 weeks of T25 my body transformed! In that time period I lost and average of 2 inches off of each of my larger body parts: hips, thighs waist. At the end of both programs combined I turned into a hot Mamma! I hope this helped.
    Thanks for the info!! I got t25 and im starting tomorrow! I guess im putting 30DS on hold so i can do t25! I cant wait, i would hold off but i cant wait, im too excited!
  • toolzz
    toolzz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You have to remember that the more you challenge yourself, the better you get at it. T25 will be hard until it isn't anymore. That's the whole point - getting fitter.
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I've done 30DS in the past and got good results. I'm doing Insanity right now and love the variety of it. The thing I hate about 30DS is doing the SAME workout for 10 days straight! I'm looking into doing T25 after Insanity. I like that there's five different workouts for 5 different zones. It's not going to be the same thing over and over again. I vote T25, although Jillian maybe be a little easier if you're looking to ease into it.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    "Ruthless" is $30 at Walmart. 20 twenty min workouts. Much cheaper than T25.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEonL1fU6F0

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Weider-Ruthless-DVD-Kit/27396052

20min_mini.jpg
  • fitandphat
    Options

Coincidentally, I just bought T25. I figured it would serve as my go-to cardio option at home, but was concerned with it not offering enough strength training and thought I might try it with 30DS, since both were short (this is key). Your post has convinced me!! Can't wait to get the videos and get started! Thanks!
  • Sadiyyah70
    Sadiyyah70 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Today is stretch day and week 5 alpha starts tomorrow. Congratulations on what you've achieved...I was encouraged by your experience because I've been a bit frustrated with my results so far. I've done insanity and saw results in the first 4 weeks but with T25 although LOVING the workouts I feel stuck on results. I keep telling myself to "trust & believe" maybe it will happen in beta, that this will move me forward and if nothing else, I will have completed 10 weeks committed to working out hard (I tend to be more excited about the nutrition part of fitness than the exercise part lol).
  • staceylcash
    Options
    I cannot lie, i have seen some goos results with the 30DS. I have decided to finish out my 30 days and then start of t25. I went ahead and got the dvds. Im super excited to see whaty body looks like after t25!
  • staceylcash
    Options
    I dont get bored quit as easily. I like to do the same thing, only switching it up very little for some reason. But i feel like im going to love t25. It has a variety of workouts but its not like dance moves where its hard to get the footing down and stuff. I think im going to get really good results, going from 30DS to t25
  • staceylcash
    Options
    You have to remember that the more you challenge yourself, the better you get at it. T25 will be hard until it isn't anymore. That's the whole point - getting fitter.
    Yes you are so right! I guess anyone can do it with modifications, until they get it down then get better and better!
  • staceylcash
    Options

Yes this helps very much! And i cant wait to do t25!!
  • Nola4
    Nola4 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey Hey
    I have done 30DS and it was hard at first, got good results! I am starting week 4 of T25 today and it is definitely a step up! I would finish up 30DS and then do T25. Also T25 has that second phase in which I hear is NO JOKE! I found Shaun T much more fun and he challenges you more. Cant beat 25 minutes. Good Luck