I REALLY NEED A FRIEND!

Options
Hey there!

I am Diane. Self-confessed failure prone to self-hate and self-destructive habits who turned 29 five days ago.

Don't get me wrong, I can be a very happy-go-lucky girl. I am truly lucky to have so much in my life I have worked hard for, but... I am lonely. I am also prone to periods of feeling very depressed, negative and down about myself.

I have a good, though time consuming job. I live in a post-card pretty little slice or rural paradise. I can garden in the summer, and am surrounded by lakes I can swim in then too. I lease a horse currently which is a dream come true. I live with my boyfriend and have for nearly five years.

My sister lives several provinces (and a couple time-zones) away. I have friends but none are the really-truly-close kind. That could, in part, be my own doing. I tend to live in semi-hermit mode. Work and the commute to and from it, don't leave me much time for a life as it is. Then, add in the horse, housework/meal cooking, time spent with boyfriend.... and I am lucky if I sleep 5-6hours per night.

I frequently lose and gain the same 30 lbs. I have been on this yo-yo weight gain/loss trip for roughly 12 years now. I want those 30 lbs to go away for good. I want to lose those 30 lbs, and then another 20 lbs too!!! ...All told, I could safely drop 50 lbs right now. That would put me in a proper BMI place. A healthy place. I have been 'fluffy' most of my life, though I am currently at my heaviest. My lowest weight ever was a 150-lb, size-5. That lasted a few short months, and was caused by circumstances not-so-good.

I love most all music; everything from Slayer to Cream; Acid Bath to Pearl Jam.... Alice in Chains, RATM, Murder by Death, NIN, Led Zeppelin.... Sublime, Beastie Boys, Cake, Rush, Primus, Kyuss, etc... I love BBQ, rare steak and dark rum. I smoke marijuana, I only sing when no one else is around and I have an amateur photography hobby as well. I love animals, in addition to my horse lease I currently have a cat and a cornsnake... I love them all dearly.

What I am really looking for is someone to be my 'friend'. Someone who may share similar interests, who may have similar issues. I'd love to have a buddy I can check in with daily. Message back and forth with. Someone to text and say "Hey, I did ___ today" or "Hey, I actually lost __ lbs this month!" Someone I can talk to about daily life, how I feel, how I wish I felt... failures, successes, hopes and dreams. It doesn't have to be someone close by me, just someone willing to care and receive the same in return.

So, if you have roughly 50 lbs to drop, are roughly 28-33... love the country life, maybe have a bit of horse love in you... Love 'real' music and not that awful club noise... Can be supportive and chatty and expect the same in return... Can tell me when to 'suck it up buttercup' and pull my act together... Please, send me a message or something!! I would love to get know a few people, see who I 'click' with and hopefully find a true friend!!! :)

Replies

• warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Bump... Anyone?
  • Vonikins
    Vonikins Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm all in. I'm a city girl right now, but was raised in the country and dream of being on horseback more often than not. I"m working on at least 35lbs to lose and just trying to take charge of my choices. I would be happy to be a friend and cheerleader and all around accountability partner. I've been using this site pretty consistently this year and trying to really kick my own self in gear.
  • mayflowermn
    mayflowermn Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wow...you sound like you'd be a great friend to have. Honest. Suppose it doesn't hurt that alot of your words sounds like my own....guess it takes one "hermit" to know another :)

As for you criteria: So, if you have roughly 50 lbs to drop, are roughly 28-33... love the country life, maybe have a bit of horse love in you... Love 'real' music and not that awful club noise... Can be supportive and chatty and expect the same in return... Can tell me when to 'suck it up buttercup' and pull my act together... Please, send me a message or something!! I would love to get know a few people, see who I 'click' with and hopefully find a true friend!!! :)

I love the country life, LOVE horse and really miss not having one anymore, hate club noise, can be supportive & especially chatty if you booze me up! lol But I already lost most of my weight, just struggling with the last 10 lbs and I'm horribly old....44. :(

P.S. What kind of horse?? breed, color, etc....just trying to live vicariously!!
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    First let me say this. I am a person who loves brutal straight between the eyes honesty so I loved reading your post. I am that kind of person. I don't quite meet what your looking for though. I am 35 and I have like 120 lbs to lose. Two years ago I lost 80 lbs but gained it all back when I got sick and then pregnant. I am currently back on the wagon trying to lose it again. I am not a huge animal lover and never have been. I love my dog though lol. I am good at keeping it honest and would be willing to be that person for you.
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I love your post: open, honest and sharing. I've been on MFP for about 5 weeks and think it is a HUGE motivator. Making friends that are in a similar place or can relate is amazing. I have 20-30 lbs to lose, love to chat and would be happy to have you as a friend to motivate, share etc. I wrote a huge book and then accidentally erased it (oops)! I am older....45 :-p but to me age is just a number (I don't feel that old)!! I'm married, have 3 kids and a puppy that we got about a year ago (LOVE her!!).

I'll add you :-) Happy belated Birthday! 29 was an AWESOME year.....I'm sure yours will be too!!! Welcome to MFP!!!
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hello Diane, i'm Courtney. It is nice to meet you. I'm not sure if I am exactly what you are looking for in a friend. I am a 26yr female with PCOS. I have a lot more then 50lbs to loose. I am use to the "Self-confessed failure prone to self-hate and self-destructive" pattren. I think we have all been there at some point. If you're still interested in chatting then feel free to add me and send me a message :) Best of luck
  • kamiept
    kamiept Posts: 15
    Options
    Im 38, I grew up riding my horse all summer... I would love to lose at least 50 more pounds, but I am also needing a little push, I have stalled out a little :) I am open and straight forward.