Gamer girl getting back in shape in need of friends

Options
Hey all,

After having to deal with a really rough period I noticed that it hadn't stopped me from having too many trips to the cookie jar. I'm not happy with how I let myself slip back into this state so I'm tackling the pounds by eating healthy and working out again.
I'm 33 years old, a bit of a geek and a huge gamer. I'm 5.4 (1.64m) and I need to loose between 50 - 60 lbs. I'm not in a huge rush but I want to achieve a large chunk of this by November so I can start to learn how to snowboard.
It would be great to be motivated by like minded people and of course I will give people the same pushes they need to stay on track :)

Replies

• pilatesXOpixie
    pilatesXOpixie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Oh girl I feel your pain. My boyfriend and I had the day off yesterday and I found myself sitting in front of the TV play GTA5 online a little too much for my taste :( haha

Anyway just sent you a request, I definitely think being on here and interacting is a huge help =]
  • bethsmoothmove
    bethsmoothmove Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Helloooo :)
    I'm also a massive gamer. One of my friends just got Just Dance 4 and we are loving it! I'm considering buying it myself because it's so fun being active while also gaming and it doesn't feel like a workout!
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! My new addiction is Warframe. I'm thinking of starting an exercise challenge for myself- every time something levels, I'll have to do push-ups, squats, deadlifts, etc.
  • Cath_Taylor
    Cath_Taylor Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Gamer/snowboarder/geek here too!

Game - World of Warcraft (thankfully don't play nearly as much as I used to!) other stuff that's driving me bonkers is the King Candy Crush & Farm Sagas!!!

Ride goofy on a K2 board although with weight gain, it's been a while since I was on it!
  • ZeldaMarooner7
    Options
    Gamer and geek right here!!
    I'd love to be your friend! :3
  • kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    dudes, gamers/boarders/(aspiring)fitness people for life
  • twkelly
    twkelly Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi. Welcome to MFP!
    If you want more geek company join The Geek Squid (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3583-the-geek-squid).

I started on MFP 2 years ago, lost 60lbs in 7mos, stopped coming here and counting calories, and put it all back on. Now I'm starting over and I'll get to my goal again! Feel free to friend me, I'm here every day.

Cheers.
  • Toxyc
    Toxyc Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a freelance Game developer/Gamer/geek myself! Feel free to add me back! I'm also working at losing a fairly large amount. Always looking for people with similar interests to share on the journey. :)
  • evilpixiegrrr
    Options
    Hey!! You can add me. :)

I'm a big-time gamer, and I work for Ubisoft!
  • cartwoman
    cartwoman Posts: 64
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I added you all :D
    If I seem quiet during your day, that's probably because with the silly uk times I will be sleeping ;)
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I'm a big gamer too everything from the atari 2600 to the wii u (too poor for the newer ps4 just yet). I have strange hours too so i may be around at odd times of the day.
  • LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Guild Wars 2 FTW!
  • evilpixiegrrr
    Options
    Thanks for the adds, you guys.

Cartwoman, are you playing South Park: The Stick of Truth? I demo'ed it at NYCC and it's hilarious. :) Check it out if you're a South Park fan, which I assume you are by your name. :P
  • DrNerdy
    DrNerdy Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I need more nerdy/gamer friends!
  • pilatesXOpixie
    pilatesXOpixie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I added you all :D
    If I seem quiet during your day, that's probably because with the silly uk times I will be sleeping ;)

I'm in the US and my boyfriend works 3rd shift, so I'm up at all sorts of crazy hours :smile: I always feel like I'm one of the few people on my friends list that are conscious when I'm on haha.
    Thanks for the adds, you guys.

Cartwoman, are you playing South Park: The Stick of Truth? I demo'ed it at NYCC and it's hilarious. :) Check it out if you're a South Park fan, which I assume you are by your name. :P

I am so beyond excited to play that, been a fan of the show since I can remember.

Anyone get to play the new assassins creed? Haven't gotten to it yet but I've loved the entire series.
  • ileranerak
    Options
    I am also kind of a gamer. I used to play much more before, but then it became an issue for school, so I quit.
    But lately I picked up Ragnarok Online again. This is the kind of Game I can never truly give up. Kind of like a guilty pleasure. Almost like cookies and doughnuts. <
    Though I have given those up, but not the game, and I don't plan to. It's just so addictive!.

Anyway, best wishes! and Fighting!

Let's not give up! I wish to be able to cosplay some day without feeling self-conscious about my weight and shape.
  • thechaffinmexican
    Options
    I'm not a gamer myself, per say. But I have sat through hours of Call of Duty! Does that count?? What I lack in nerdiness, I make up for in enthusiasm! We have pretty similar goals... :flowerforyou:
  • Areneholmes
    Areneholmes Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Oh, add me! Casual gamer, major cosplay nerd here. Also into j-fashion. :) I agree with the above, it def helps to have socialization on here for me! :) I'm busy with school, but my goal is similar to yours, I need to drop 40+ by September for Dragon*Con.
  • Marissaltr
    Options
    Have you tried Xbox Fitness on the Xbox one? I love it. I'm pretty competitive so it gets me motivated to get to the next level and get high scores.

Feel free to add me. I'm not a HUGE gamer but I have been known to pull all nighters playing Dead Rising.
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Feeling a bit old and behind the times here...
    I *USED* to love my gaming, from table top AD&D, RPG on our C64, too much Tony Hawk on the old Playtstation, playing MUDs til 3 am then getting up to start work at 8am... I kept away from WOW because I knew it would be like crack.
    I thought going on maternity leave early meant I could dedicate 2 months to Skyrim. Nope, didn't happen... now too many children and not enough to sleep to even dare gaming (for now! I refuse to give up my dream!)

I can be cool by association though. :-D A lot of my friends all still game, cosplay, go to Cons, they even paint Warhammer miniatures and run comic shops...