Dessert ideas for Prime Rib Dinner

Options
suncluster
suncluster Posts: 539 Member
I am going to a dinner party on Saturday where the host is serving Prime Rib for 7 people. He is an extravagant cook and I expect to be well fed :tongue: I also expect to keep my hands in my pockets for the majority of the night so I don't eat everything :drinker:

Folks are usually full before dessert arrives so the emphasis is on flavor, not calorie load or richness. Desserts with visual impact are preferred. I have a few ideas running through my head but I thought I would open it up to see what you lovely folks suggest.

Anyone have any recipes that be a worthy contribution to this feast?

Replies

• tdotdiva
    tdotdiva Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Prime rib is my go-to entertaining meal. It's delicious, easy and traditional! I almost always make a traditional trifle to end a prime rib dinner. It's visually stunning and holds up really well (if people are stuffed and only have a couple bites the host will have lots of yummy leftovers)

I generally use raspberries (and raspberry jelly) in mine. I sometimes use custard powder and I don't think it impacts the flavour at all. I've had many other variations from tropical fruit to chocolate hazelnut. The possibilities are endless!

Have fun and enjoy : )