The 12 Pounds of Christmas! - End of Week Two

Options
Well ladies....I didn't lose any weight this week....in fact, I'm pretty sure I gained a pound or two (sorry, not weighing myself, if I see the number I'll feel crushed and want to drown my sorrows with inappropriate snack food). BUT the good news is that I've been doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and feel great. My muscles hurt, but my waist is totally smaller then it was a week ago. So I'm going to continue to exercise and stay within my calorie goals and maybe next week the scale will be kind. I may even dig around and find my measuring tape so that I can do some comparisons next week.

I hope that you are all doing well and keeping up the motivation! Hang in there - if this is a lifestyle change then we can't give up! My goal this week is to eat a few more veggies and fruit per day!

Replies

• keironsmummy
    Options
    Hey i was terrified to step on the scales this week because i thought i had gained but i hadnt in fact i lost 3lbs! It is always worth weighing in if you dont want to do it once a week then maybe fortnightly is better :) But you have the right idea carry on with the excersise and carry on counting your calories. Good luck to you :)
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I didn't drop anything this week either....except a whole lotta sweat! I maintained my weight.....but I'm using the 30 Day Shred each morning, and feeling great!
    Let's keep it going!
  • funnygirl0940
    Options
    I lost 2.5 pounds since last Sunday. But coming down from tom...I really lost a 1.5 pounds is all. But writing it out makes me see the progress and at my age, I'm super happy about it. I'm not killing myself w/exercise, starving myself, or depriving myself from what I want to eat. This is awesome! Last time to do this type of slim down, Lord willing. I'll be 42 years old soon and it's about time I figured out how this works and do it! ;0) we become no nonsense women you know!

So, I "scheduled" myself to weigh 159 last week & 157 today but it's just one week difference and my body may respond soon. It all seems to average out to 2 pounds a week in the end.

Keep up the good work ladies! Christmas is soon!
  • Utahbeth
    Options
    Lost 1.7 this week. I wasn't sure how the scale was going to treat me since I was a little high on Sodium on Friday. So that makes 2.2 so far into the Challenge. :) I think I can do this!

I agree with keironsmummy, you should weight in anyway. And if you don't want to look at the scale ask someone to tell you if you lost, but don't ask if you gained. :) Don't forget you could be building muscle too, which may slow the scale down, but speeds up Calorie Burn overall!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 pounds and I drank water every day (that is a big thing for me)

This week was a struggle for me so i really didnt expect to lose anything... I must say this site has really helped me to focus
  • HidyleDidyle
    Options
    Okay....I'll weigh in tomorrow...maybe I'll feel less puffy by then! Sounds like everyone is doing well and keeping motivated! Good job! Keep up the good work!
  • aallison85
    aallison85 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have lost 5 pounds overall in the past two weeks. I didn't weigh in on the same day so I am not sure how much I lost either week. I weighed in yesterday at 176 which is super exciting since I was at 181 two weeks ago. MFP has really helped me to be more intentional about what I put into my body and that feels really good. I have been able to even go out and have a few drinks without pushing me over my calorie goal!! Something I have probably rarely done before, and no late night taco bell runs resulting from going out. That is fricken progress!! :)

Good work everyone!
  • HidyleDidyle
    Options
    Okay, I did weigh myself, and it was as I feared, back up 1.5 lbs. So I'm back where I started a few weeks ago....but I won't lose heart! After a few horrible snacks this week, it is no wonder that I didn't do so well. I'll just keep on exercising, and when temptation rears its horrible head, I'll run the other direction.
  • breannk
    Options
    i will weigh in tomorrow morning. really not wanting to pretty sure i gained this week it was my 21st birthday so alcohol and bad food choices were very common this week. but im trying to drink lots of water today and ill get back on track this week.
  • amrenee1976
    Options
    Well I surprised myself (being i went out sat night and well, drank a little too much) lol. I lost 2.2 lbs this past week. To those that didnt lose an weight don't be hard on yourself. Its the inches that matter also, not just the pounds. I was on a plateau that lasted a month and i was working out an hour a day. i wasnt losing weight but my body was shrinking, Please just dont be hard on yourself!
  • breannk
    Options
    well gained 1 pound this week which is actually less than i thought it would be haha
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I've lost 1.8 pounds so far. I did a lot of running over the weekend...5.5 miles on Saturday and ran in a 5K yesterday. I am training for a half marathon in January, so hoping that will help keep me on track through the holidays. Great job everyone!! Keep it up...we've got this!!
  • HidyleDidyle
    Options
    Sounds like we're all positive, and working! That's great! Here's to our journey, *holds up a glass of water and clinks it against another*!
  • fattyellis
    Options
    no change this week..and no excuses either!
    will have to work harder:grumble:
  • newtitus2011
    newtitus2011 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I would like to see 180 by the end of the year. So far, logging in my food intake has helped me manage the foods I eat and choose to splurge on. I cant go cold turkey or I will complete lose my mind and eat my fridge empty. lol. I still have 3 days to make a difference.

ps: I just realized that my profile pic is in front of the fridge!!! How poetic!!!
  • HidyleDidyle
    Options
    So, we're mid week - how are you all doing? I've been drinking water like crazy, minimal snacking, eating lots of veggies, and no coffee for the last two days. Despite having a caffeine headache, I'm feeling great! Was feeling a little fatigued today when I was trying to work out doing the 30 Day Shred. After doing it 7 times with no problems (well...it was hard work!), I found that today my body was just exhausted. So I quit partway through and will just do some elliptical work tonight once the kids are in bed! Hope that you all are healthy and happy and doing well! Don't forget - we can do this!
  • breannk
    Options
    ive been working out everyday this week even though i've been really stressed about test which is really good for me! i usually just stop working out when i get stressed but working out actually makes me feel better and gives me more energy to study! :D
  • newtitus2011
    Options
    Hey Everyone! Happy Holidays. Its so cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take advantage. Its the best time to lose weight. I lost 2lbs this week. Very exciting. Now lets see if I can break the 190 mark.
  • HidyleDidyle
    Options
    If you want to see how everyone else is managing, you can take a look at the topic: The 12 Pounds of Christmas! - End of Week Five!

You're doing great!

Heidi
  • newtitus2011
    Options
    So it doesnt seem like I will reach that 12lb weight loss goal, but I am glad that I started the journey and will take that small goal into the new year. With all the holiday parties and goodies, I still have a lot to work on regarding my willpower. But its just a seasonal thing. I cant undo what Ive done in 30 years in a few weeks so I know this is going to be a long journey, but very necessary. Stay safe and have fun. Merry Christmas!