Hungry

Options
I'm just not sure how I am going to get through this. I am just so hungry all the time. Any advice or help would be great. If anybody feels the same I would like to here you also.

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    eat more protein
    limit sugar intake
    drink a lot of water
    eat
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    what the PP said.. and make friends with veggies. Failing that... go somewhere you can't eat like swimming, walking, soak in the tub, read in your bedroom... basically put yourself in a place you don't associate with food.
  • MyWishfulShrinking
    Options
    Like above: More protein, cut down on or eliminate any un-needed sugar, fiber, drink lots of water. Find something to keep your brain busy or your hands. Before I started trying to lose weight I was a binger and compulsive over-eater. I know how you feel, the first few weeks were the hardest hunger wise, but it'll go away sooner or later. At least it did for me.
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I agree, if you are really hungry then eat something. Make it protein (low fat of course). Keep the sugar and other carbohydrates to a minimum. Drink lots of water! Many times a person thinks they are hungry when in reality they are thirsty...so drink...drink...drink! :drinker:
    When I was going through the "I'm hungry all the time" phase, I cut up celery and mini carrots into bite sized pieces and popped these like popcorn. It really kept my appetite down and gave me that CRUNCH satisfaction. Give it a try!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    It helps if I break up my calories into 6 meals - I have Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & then Morning Snack, Afternoon Snack and Evening Snack.

If I eat every 3 hours or so I do pretty good! I try to eat as much unprocessed food as I can - I find that junk does not tide me over!

Make sure you stay within your calorie goal and like pp said, up your protein.

Hope you find something that works for you!
  • Alexis2255
    Options
    big drinks of water help fill your tummy between meals. Another thing I do is eat a LOT of celery. It's mostly water and the cellulose that's in it is good for lowering Blood pressure if you have weight related high blood pressure. (don't know if you do or not, but just a tidbit of info)
  • kvr414
    kvr414 Posts: 111
    Options
    tonight i made lentil soup for dinner. it was SOOO filling only after a tiny bowl! I ate 2 andk! half hours ago and i feel satisfied still. eating every 3 hrs also is a really great tip! good lucK!
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    are you eating your exercise calories? I wasn't when I first started using this website..and was starving all the time because I was working out so much and not eating my earned calories..I don't eat all of them, but I eat about 75% of them for sure. Also, do allow for snacks in between meals, small piece of fruit, nuts, I love the whole wheat mini triscuits and a triangle of skinny cow cheese..about 130 calories for ten and the cheese and I find it really filling....Also, I struggle with drinking my water, so i started drinking a full glass before my meals...and I stay fuller and feel fuller sooner......
  • CGade
    CGade Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    There are just those days that I feel hungrier than I "should". I know when I don't drink enough water the hunger is worse (like right now :| ). Hang in there and listen to your bod, try not to get so frustrated that you fall completely off the wagon and say screw it.. It's not all or nothing!!!!!
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem when I started. I was STARVING and out of calories by 2 pm.

The thing that I found that worked for me was eating a 100 calories every hour that I was awake. It sounds kind of weird and hard BUT I found I was eating all the time. I was staying under/about my calorie goal. The best part was that I was eating before I had the chance to get hungry so I was never hungry.

If you do this, my recommendation is to carry a granola bar or something in your purse because that hour gets here quicker than you think and you don't want to give your body a chance to get hungry (well maybe not for you but I found if I got hungry then I did alot of binge eating, like I would go to the kitchen to fix food and end up eating what I could grab while I was cooking and then I'd eat what I cooked. Plus I'd have to eat a lot to satisfy the hunger feeling only to feel stuffed once my brain actually got the message from my stomach that there was food there).

Well keep going. Keep trying until you find what works for you.

I wish you the best.

- Eva
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    If you are miserably hungry and think you won't stick with it, considering a slower weight loss and upping your calories. Depending on how much you need to lose you might be better at 1/2 lb or 1 lb per week if your settings are currently higher. I was hungry and fatigued at 1200 but did great at 1500. Depending on what you are eating - if you are eating a lot of small meals and good amts of protein and fiber and still hungry, don't write off eating more. It's just time. If it takes longer, but you are happier, isn't it worth it?

PS, don't know if this really works, because I'm not a tea drinker, but I just had some hot tea that someone sent to me. I am now so full that I am sure I won't eat dinner for at least an hour! It's a great alternative for just filling your belly. Downside is, I did not really like it, but I am going to try to learn to, before I write it off.
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    If you are miserably hungry and think you won't stick with it, considering a slower weight loss and upping your calories. Depending on how much you need to lose you might be better at 1/2 lb or 1 lb per week if your settings are currently higher. I was hungry and fatigued at 1200 but did great at 1500. Depending on what you are eating - if you are eating a lot of small meals and good amts of protein and fiber and still hungry, don't write off eating more. It's just time. If it takes longer, but you are happier, isn't it worth it?

PS, don't know if this really works, because I'm not a tea drinker, but I just had some hot tea that someone sent to me. I am now so full that I am sure I won't eat dinner for at least an hour! It's a great alternative for just filling your belly. Downside is, I did not really like it, but I am going to try to learn to, before I write it off.

Really good advice in this post. Do whatever you need to do to make whatever plan you are on work - even if it means slowing down your loss by eating more calories!

Funny bout the tea - I find it REALLY helps me too and there are TONS of amazing flavors out there! It helps me when I just want something or if I'm low on my calories.
  • adonaghe
    Options
    Thank you everybody. I have learned a lot from all of you. It is so great to be part of something that offers so much support. I can't tell you how much this means to me.