New to this site!

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Ashlie! I'm currently a little over 200 lbs. I've been overweight all my life. I've tried losing weight before, but nothing really ever seemed to work for me. I was able to lose about 15 pounds about a year ago, but sadly I gained it all back...along with a few extra pounds. Also, because of my weight, I'm so lazy and I never have energy to do anything when I come home from school. It really depresses me since that's the only reason I've lost my passion for music, which is the only thing that truly makes me happy. I really need to lose weight so I can be happy in life again. I heard about MyFitnessPal and I thought this May be my chance to finally turn my life around. I hope it works and I'm ready for this challenge.

Replies

• Gettfit4life
    Options
    Welcome ashlietherock I'm new also. Joining this group is our first step in getting healthy! I know you can do this!
  • ashlietherocker
    Options
    Thank you so much for the support; I know you can do it too!
  • omgitsrubyy
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Add me, we can share work outs, recipes & do this together! (=
  • ashlietherocker
    Options
    Thanks, just added you!(:
  • idkmybffeva
    idkmybffeva Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've had a MFP account for a while but this is my first time using it, so far, religiously for 3 days straight. woot! lol Add me so we can keep each other motivated!! I need more MFP friends! I only have two friends IRL who are on here. Booooo. :)
  • ashlietherocker
    Options
    Just added(: thanks!
  • haleysellers18
    haleysellers18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new too! Add me too so we can do the same! :) good luck
  • ashlietherocker
    Options
    Thanks! Good luck to you too(:
  • liv006
    liv006 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!

I'm new too!
  • GplusC
    GplusC Posts: 18
    Options
    What I have found is that being lazy is in your mind. I do not look it but I can be extremely lazy. I make a list of things I want to do the next day before I go to bed, and when I wake up I start doing them. If I don't have that list I have no reason to roll out of bed. I have had days where I had to work at 4pm till 12am. The night before I would go to sleep around 1am, but have nothing to do the next day and just stayed in bed till 3pm.

It works for me. Make a list and do not stop until its done. Could be just going to the gym at a certain time. Simple list
  • ashlietherocker
    Options
    Thank you for the advice, I will definitely try it!
  • ashlietherocker
    Options
    Thank you, good luck to you too!!!(:
  • NzBuilt
    NzBuilt Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp and new beginnings add me if ya like anyone can lets go people....
  • melinda11587
    melinda11587 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Everyone add me too! Had this acct for a while but I have no friends!
  • mrsfabbanks
    mrsfabbanks Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello Ms. Ashlie

I just wanted to say even at your current state you are beautiful. You can also find happiness within yourself even at your current level, it doesn't have to happen just when you reach a goal. Start getting happy now that your starting to move toward that goal. The list that GplusC mentioned is absolutely awesome, it changed my life. I still have my days when I don't make a list but then I'm running around being so very unproductive.
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!