Mommy lost 50lbs---now pass the bacon! =)

Options
jehavin
jehavin Posts: 316 Member
I, like others, didn't think I would ever post my own story b/c I didn't think I would have a story. Yet, after baby #3, I ballooned from my new normal 145-150lbs to about 178 at my biggest, which I didn't even realize was that big. After a traumatic knee injury, I had no choice but to do physical therapy and start using a stationary bicycle, which felt great. Then entered pregnancy #4, which I did continue to bike through and watch what I ate, only going from 175ish to 205ish. After that baby, though, I knew I had work to do. I started lifting heavy, joined MFP, continued biking/spinning and got all the way down to 146lbs. Enter baby #5---argh! That pregnancy was my fittest ever, only getting up to 170lbs and back down to 145 within 2 weeks.
My "ultimate goal" though was 135 and a size 6 jeans. I hit that about 4 months postpartum, September 2013. I kept going, hitting some stalls, cycling my carbs, doing a cut in December-January. I just started keto 7 weeks ago and am now at 127(my lowest since junior high!) and a size 2/4 jeans! My new goal is to hit 120 (so that I will only go up to about 125 when I am no longer in deficit) by eating half a pound of bacon every day =) I seriously love keto!
Here are my pics!
5'5,5 Before: 178lbs, size 12/14, measurements 38-34-42? After: 127lbs, size 2/4, measurements 36-25.5-35.5
jessbefore.jpggalafull.jpg

beforesideprofile.jpgaftersideprofile.jpg

Thanks for reading and good luck on your own "story!"

Replies

• Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Awesome awesome job!
  • jaynepickle
    jaynepickle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look absolutely amazing! So inspiring!
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I see a Fitbit Zip, don't I?
  • jehavin
    Options
    Yup! Got it for Christmas and love it! Try to hit 8,000-10,000 a day (I clip it on my sock for my ride on the spin bike 5 days a week) and, I'll tell you that my house has been way CLEANER and more organized----I run the laundry upstairs in a dozen batches and tell my husband to take a break b/c "I'm trying to get my steps in." =)

P.S. Feel free to friend me---I log daily (on my 410th day!!!!) and try to be supportive to help other mommies/women to reach their goals. I couldn't have done all this without the cheerleaders on my friend list!!!
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look so slim, you deserve the bacon :)
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Great transformation! Thanks for sharing your story. (I have the Flex!)
  • jehavin
    Options
    P.S.S. I did do the unthinkable (!) and posted pics of my tummy transformation---not where I want to be yet b/c I'm still nursing so my love handles are holding on for dear life!---on the "mummy tummy" thread if any of you are interested in what 50lb difference looks like under the shirt, lol. =) Thank you all so much for the feedback!!!!
  • happysummerrunner
    happysummerrunner Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Awesome and amazing! :) Good job!
  • lizc0616
    lizc0616 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!!!!
  • jehavin
    Options
    Thank you ALL! I had to muster up a lot of courage to post this story but I'm glad I did b/c so many of you have requested to be friends =) I did have one more pic, perhaps the most important one, which is how much my legs changed. I had always had HUGE tree trunks that seemed to get even bigger (more muscular under all the fat) as I lifted, but this summer, through more lifting and careful diet control, I totally changed the shape of my saddlebags/knees, which were a life-long embarassment for me. There is hope for those of you who have saddlebags and extra leg fat!!!
    2634a823-d852-4729-9e2a-1386f503e806.jpg
  • mariahmilan
    mariahmilan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Super awesome - what motivation! Great job!
  • Virgodoll30
    Virgodoll30 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    wow, that is inspiring, may I ask, is it possible to get pre pregnancy flat tummy back?
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic :flowerforyou:
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    great work! thanks for the inspiration on the exercise as well!
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    oh wow.. motivated mommy!
  • katz6910
    katz6910 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You are awesome well done. I'm still on my journey and it seems to be taking forever. I've fallen off the horse a few times but I keep getting back on so I hope I'll get there eventually. You are very inspiring! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • jehavin
    Options
    Thank you all again----so glad to be able to inspire others when I had a lot of trouble inspiring myself at times! In regard to the tummy, I did post a pic on the other thread so I guess I should be brave here, too. =)

I'm not to my six pack yet, lol, but this is the difference between about 2 years, pregnancy with baby #5, 48lbs, heavy lifting, cardio 4-5 times a week and staying in a calorie deficit =) I'm still nursing a 10 month old, so hopefully the part around my lower tattoo will whittle more when I am done. I will obviously never wear a bikini---my tattoo is a memorial tattoo I don't wish to put on display plus my stretch marks/loose skin---but I did hear a great saying, though, yesterday that comforted me: "A young woman said to her mom, "Mom, you should get a tattoo of each of your kids names." The mom relied, "I already have those; they're called stretch marks." (giggle)
    Ribbetcollageabs.jpg

I AM actively doing the ketogenic diet (that is actually the difference between the black and white photo and the one on the far right----7 weeks!!---to lose bodyfat on my middle. I WILL get a 4 pack by summer!!!! =)

Keep going, ladies---you can reach your goals, too, and will even pass them like I did and *have* to set new ones! =)=)=)
  • Nottryingjustdoing
    Nottryingjustdoing Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Lookin good :)
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I am going to further congratulate you on five pregnancies..whoa mama! :)
  • Bekah_Davis
    Bekah_Davis Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Id love to friend you and follow your journey : )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!