Too fat to fly?

Options
2»

Replies

• reteed
    reteed Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My son is 6' 3", 350 pounds, when he flew to Greece. The only requirement he had was a seat belt extender. You'll be fine.
  • Francesca3232
    Francesca3232 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've flown longhaul with IcelandAir at a size 16 and it was totally fine, lots of space, and actually not a bad amount of leg room. You will be fine :)
  • Kaelitr0n
    Kaelitr0n Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine!

I flew as a size 20 a couple months ago and it wasn't bad (much, much better than when I flew as a size 24/26... that was just awkward). I flew to Europe in 2008 as a size 16/18 and I don't remember it being uncomfortable or awkward.

Don't stress about it :)
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    As everyone else has mentioned, you will be fine! But just to put your mind more at ease - I flew to/from Europe numerous times with similar stats (5 ft, 190 pounds, size 14). I definitely fit in the seat. So don't worry!! And have fun!
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    My heaviest weight was 210 pounds, and I never had any issues with fitting into seats or seat belts or anything. I think you'll be fine.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    You should be fine, no worries and enjoy your trip!
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I expect you're fine. I flew to New Jersey in 2010 as a size 20/22, and only had one plane I was mildly uncomfortable on. Have a great trip!
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My husband flew several times when he was 365 and 6'3". The only problem is you cannot sit In an emergency exit seat. They made him move his seat once because they said in an emergency if he were passed out others would not be able to get over him to get out.