Cinnamon for the health benefits (NOT Weight loss Aid)

Options
as the subject suggests i picked up some cinnamon today for a few reasons
1. i love the smell of cinnamon
2. it is filled with a lot of health benefits such as high in antioxidants

so my question is does anyone know of a way to make a better tasting green tea + cinnamon recipe as i tried it just plain and the taste was hard to get through. to be fair i don't care for the taste of green tea either and sweeten it with honey. any recipe that includes cinnamon would be nice to it doesn't have to be green tea.

Wondering if adding it to my mixed berry protein shake would be tolerable.

would also like to add i tried it in oatmeal alone and couldn't stomach it either.

Replies

• courtneylee31
    courtneylee31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Put it in the shake. You really do not need much per day. 1/4 tsp will be plenty. Cinnamon and raw honey is great for a sore throat.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle cinnamon on my baked apple slices every morning, not because of the supposed health benefits but because cinnamon apples are delicious.
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I enjoy an evening tea made with herbs and cinnamon bark. I like fresh sage from the garden, sliced fresh ginger, fennel seed, and cider spices. Mint and chamomile are other options. A little raw sugar or honey and some milk makes it perfect for bedtime.

I almost can't eat oatmeal without cinnamon. Try adding chopped apples or applesauce, or raisins for additional flavor. Try a dash of nutmeg in there, too.

Cooked apples or natural applesauce with cinnamon.

I haven't tried cinnamon in a smoothie...gotta try that now.
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Do a Google search for Moroccan food - it will be in practically every dish you find. Today I made this couscous, http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Spiced-Couscous-with-Raisins-and-Almonds-240139, and it was awesome!
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I make apple/cinnamon/greek yogurt smoothie for dinner, very often. One peeled apple, sprinkle cinnamon, 200gr. plain greek yogurt, but them in the blender. It's amazing! You can add honey, if you like it sweeter.
  • elephant_in_the_room
    elephant_in_the_room Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I usually put half a teaspoon in my muesli/oatmeal. When I'm adventurous, also cardamon. Haven't tried turmeric yet though they say it's oh so healthy....
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I mix it in my plain greek yogurt.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    as the subject suggests i picked up some cinnamon today for a few reasons
    1. i love the smell of cinnamon
    2. it is filled with a lot of health benefits such as high in antioxidants

so my question is does anyone know of a way to make a better tasting green tea + cinnamon recipe as i tried it just plain and the taste was hard to get through. to be fair i don't care for the taste of green tea either and sweeten it with honey. any recipe that includes cinnamon would be nice to it doesn't have to be green tea.

Wondering if adding it to my mixed berry protein shake would be tolerable.

would also like to add i tried it in oatmeal alone and couldn't stomach it either.

Is there anything cinnamon can't do? I love to add a 1/2 teaspoon to my homemade chilli. mmmmmmmmm
  • sassy1750lady
    Options
    I add it to my coffee every time I have a cup. I recently gave up splenda and found that when I add cinnamon, I don't need any sweetener. :)