Gamer girl getting back in shape in need of friends

Options

Replies

• laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Just got done with my Pandaren monk's raid, thought I would stop by to say hello. :-)
  • jaya_lakshmi27
    Options
    I'm not much of a gamer, but I'm an incredible geek who's also trying to lose weight!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I remember the days when "gamer" meant you actually played online games, mmoprg etc...
    Not solitaire and candy crush on your phone :)

Does anyone remember BBS games like Mutants, Kyrandia, Trade Wars?
    DIKU MUDs? (text based)
    Meridian 59? Ultima Online?

That was gaming :0
  • ATGsquats
    ATGsquats Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    PC/Console gamer here. Don't have much time these days because of nursing school, but I LOVE GAMING!
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    gamer girl here. Currently playing Diablo 3 and Dragons Dogma and my all time favorite game will always be Metal Gear Solid 2 - Sons of Liberty :-)

You can add me if you'd like - women only, I'm currently not accepting friend requests from guys. I'm sure you understand, good luck in all your fitness goals!
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I remember the days when "gamer" meant you actually played online games, mmoprg etc...

DIKU MUDs? (text based)

Too many hours lost to MUDs here...
  • Be4stm0de
    Be4stm0de Posts: 103
    Options
    Gamer here, used to play Wow, started that back when the level cap was 60, pre BC and Wrath. played up until the cap went to 85, then gave it up. Now I basically stick to console and mainly ps4.

I'm electronivs technology by trade, but am also going back to college for my Masters in Exercise physiology, because I am very interested in fitness and athletic training.

Anyone taking the time to read this, feel free to add me.
  • amzypritchard
    amzypritchard Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    hey! big gamer and cosplay nerd here! I play too much Skyrim and Call of Duty that it's unhealthy :p

I'm in the UK too though!!
  • JSE81
    JSE81 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me.

I play mainly BF4 and WoW on the PC and a bit of GTA5 on PS3 when I have time.

Just waiting for a new game to come out to sink my teeth into.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Hi. Welcome to MFP!
    If you want more geek company join The Geek Squid (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3583-the-geek-squid).

I started on MFP 2 years ago, lost 60lbs in 7mos, stopped coming here and counting calories, and put it all back on. Now I'm starting over and I'll get to my goal again! Feel free to friend me, I'm here every day.

Cheers.
    Also one more http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/19-mfp-gamers
  • granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I've played all CODs on the Wii and WiiU, used to play Lara Croft on PS and Wii. Loved Age of Empires on PC.

9855324.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • dmacca666
    dmacca666 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    UK Based Gamer Guy, 33. Trying to balance gym, swimming, dieting, Xboxing and a pretty nasty Minecraft addiction!

Feel free to add for moral support, tips and possible the odd cheat code.

(Disclaimer, cheat codes will probably all be for Sega Megdrive games....)
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options

DIKU MUDs? (text based)

Thats going back!!! used to love Ultima Online...PVP!!!!
  • mamasjourneytofit
    Options
    I'm a computer gaming nerd >.< I didn't think that anyone on here would be one too! Feel free to add me, be warned that I'm super chatty :)
  • jaenders06
    jaenders06 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I met my now husband playing Xbox (Call of Duty, MW2 if I remember correctly). Sitting in an office all day and playing video games in the evening has been a disaster for me and I finally found the motivation I needed to get moving. I just started as well so I wish you the best of luck on your journey. Feel free to add me, the more the merrier and plus it holds me accountable too!
  • StarGeezer
    StarGeezer Posts: 351
    Options
    Hiya, old (bordering on ancient) gamer here. Everything from Pong onward. And before that, as a kid I was huge into mechanical arcade games like S.A.M. and of course pinball. Seen 'em all, probably have forgotten many.

Anywho, welcome and feel free to add me. :)
  • viviyueyue
    Options
    Gamer here girl, too! I play mainly WoW (thank God not as crazy as before, used to be up there day and night >.<), some Diablo and LoL.

Feel free to to add me :)
  • NyssaDuck
    NyssaDuck Posts: 50
    Options
    UK based gamer, part of the reason I put on a load of weight. Just PC gaming for me, been playing Dota 2, Path of Exile and Banished more recently, and trying beta games. I play a large variety of games though. Managed to lose 24lb so far while still being a 30+ hours a week gamer, so you're welcome to add me. :smile:
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options

DIKU MUDs? (text based)

This was my thought. My idea of 'gamer' was generally the 20-something dude living in his parents basement playing WoW 24/7, with his dad yelling down the stairs at least once a day "When are you going to get off that thing and get a job, you bum?!"

Altho today, that scenario often includes the dude's WIFE asking that question, while their kid is running around with a poopy diaper cuz dad is oblivious to the smell and knows his wife will change it when she gets home from work. :noway:

So how many hours a day do you have to commit to playing games to be considered a 'gamer'?

And does Candy Crush and Farm Heroes count? Cuz I am up to level 376 and 126 respectively. Those rabbits are really pissing me off!:laugh:
  • LaserOctopus
    LaserOctopus Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome, from a fellow (if a bit older, lol) gamer girl and geek! Mostly Steam and Xbox, these days, in between re-careering in engineering... I'm also a huge bookworm and maker. And hitting my local stop of Wizard World Comic Con this weekend (so excited, most of the cons around here have moved south to try to cash in on the fallout from SDCC). Feel free to send me a FR, my profile should be open, if you want to see more about me and the kind of sh...crap I talk :laugh: I'm here several times a day, even if sometimes quietly. I've been on this journey for just over a year (on this site since July), but still have some way to go.

Regardless, best of luck on your fitness journey!