Getting Bored with Lunch

Options
Hi everyone

I have been using My Fitness Pal for 10 weeks now and with the help of the app aswell as a seeing a dietician and a nutrionalist I have lost 1 stone (WOO HOO) but still have a long way to go (namely about 6 stone - gulp !)

I am getting bored with lunch Mon-Fri at work - most days I'll have a Pasta Vita pot or Rice Time pot and sometimes a homemade egg mayo sandwich or Tuna Mayo Sandwich, but need some more ideas.

Am thinking of maybe salads but again am fussy what I put in them am old fashioned gal - iceberg lettuce / sweetcorn / carrot and onion with either Tuna / Chicken or Egg.

Anyone got any suggestions ?

:smile:

Replies

• rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I started making some kind of bean/vegetable soup or stew in my crock pot on the weekend (ham and beans, vegetarian chili, split pea, minestrone, etc.) and then use it for lunches during the week. It gives me a good guaranteed dose of fiber and beans are filling for hours.

Today I'll have a bowl of vegetarian chili with cheese, crackers and sour cream for less than 250 calories.
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    rice salad with brown rice, chopped salad veg and chicken/ham etc
    as above but cooked lentils instead of rice (this is nice with tuna)
    wrap with avocado, salad and chicken/ham etc
    cold veg quesidilla

these are my go to work lunches! :smile:
  • Clint9913
    Clint9913 Posts: 15
    Options
    IDK what your food budget is, but I've had great success with Orawheat sandwich thins, 3 ox of turkey, a . 1/3 oz of white american cheese with dijon must. Couple this sandwich with some vanillia Greek yogurt, 65 grams of black berrys and I'm good 2 go, 380 calories.
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm a sandwich girl. I love my sandwiches and always have. Well in most sandwiches, the bread is the issue in your calories, and a half of sandwich just isn't satisfying enough. So what I do is I buy (not doing this to endorse a product) Arnold Jewish Rye - melba thin. Each slice of bread is half the calories of other types of bread for the most part. One slice is 55 calories where other breads average in at about 110 (some slightly more some slightly less). Yes the bread is very, very thin and that is why it is half the calories LOL. Nothing special just the slicing. It tastes good and it allows me to have the sandwich I like. I've learned to use and even like mustard on most things, but when it comes to turkey/chicken or eggs I still use mayo. When you cut out 110 calories right off the bat you make a sandwich of any kind very doable.