For those who are really challenged to stay on track...

Options
In responding to someone else and writing out how long it takes to make/break habits, I realized that this is a lifestyle change. A big one involving alot of steps. Some have more than others to take and I realized, maybe that's why some of us are faltering so much - because there's TOO MUCH that needs to change to be able to do it all at once?

So then I thought - okay, I have trouble with a few basics (in addition to teh big stuff) like water, sleep, and ANY kind of daily workout. Perhaps, if I worked on just ONE of those things with others that are struggling with the exact same thing until its a habit for ALL of us, then we could all move on to the next thing, and the next and then the next, It's a slower process, but maybe one that people like me would better be able to manage. Would certainly make a huge difference in the long term.

Would anyone else be interested in this? I think the first one, and probably the most important, would be water. I guess it would be about a 6 week "challenge/support" group to develop the HABIT of taking in that daily water, which means the real committment to do it (which I am SOO bad at!).

Takers?

Replies

• mylifemyhealth
    Options
    I think that sounds fantastic! Changing your entire lifestyle "today" is to overwhelming, disappointing, and hard to manage!
  • fanofsummer
    fanofsummer Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi. First group I've ever joined on line. I just noted on my daily log that I need to focus in on the water. I like water, it shouldn't be so difficult - yet I find myself short every day.

I'll join the challenge. I plan on buying a jug. If my water is measured out I will know exactly where I stand each day.
  • Marking02
    Marking02 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think your idea sounds great, changing everything at once is an extremely large comittment, in which i find it extremely hard to stick with!!! I would be extremely interested in your challenge.
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Awesome - so... if no one minds too much, how about if I start an appropriately titled thread for teh group - so if others are struggling, they can join, too?
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    See:

Step Habits - 1 - Water Support