Being told I look pregnant :-(

Options
I hold most of my weight in my middle and I get asked when are you due all the time :-( gets me really down, any tips on belly fat?? I have 3 children so I know I won't have a perfect flat tummy but a smaller one would be great x

Replies

• Finnarwen
    Options
    After I am doing some sports now, my belly looks significantly less fat.

You probably have a diastasis recti (when you are lying on your back and you lift your upper body a bit, do you have a gap between your belly muscles?). Against that there is only the right exercises or if it is really bad surgery.

Good luck!
  • clanmcfleming
    clanmcfleming Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Me too, 3 kids and looked like Homer Simpson! Most advice on previous similar threads is that you cant spot reduce and as you lose fat, tummy will slim down. Its kinda working for me so far, started in jan, and seen a big improvement. I stared 30 day shred (video on you tube) and that has also had a positive effect. It may still be a while before I post on photos though! The before shots may never see the light of day!
  • fitmomforu
    fitmomforu Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Chin up, some people are silly. I have 2 kids one just a baby and am still working on my tummy. It comes with time, can be a slow process. I workout 6 days a week one day just pure cardio, the other lifting. The last month I've started to see a slimmer belly but still a Ways to go. For me this will be the last part of the body to slim down.

Keep working out and you will see a difference:)
  • Speakaboo
    Speakaboo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Definitely check out the possibility of diastasis recti. Super common in people who have had multiple pregnancies, and gives you that tell-tale "pregnant belly" even long after having babies. I know a lady at work who gets asked all the time. =/ It really sucks, but there are ways to improve it. Here's the routine I go through:

http://inspiredrd.com/2013/11/5-exercises-to-heal-diastasis.html
  • Jwold55
    Jwold55 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Something that's helped me tighten my belly in the past is whenever I'm working out, whether it's walking on the treadmill or whatever to hold my ab muscles taught and keep good posture. Poor posture can cause the pooch to look bigger too. i have poor posture mostly from breastfeeding i think. im a slouch monster.
  • suenewberry81
    suenewberry81 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your replies, I will be trying the exercises and fingers crossed they work, my youngest child is almost 4 :-( I've gained 12lb since starting a full-time job in July and my tummy looks worse, so I know I need to lose weight and exercise to help the situation xxx
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Something that's helped me tighten my belly in the past is whenever I'm working out, whether it's walking on the treadmill or whatever to hold my ab muscles taught and keep good posture. Poor posture can cause the pooch to look bigger too. i have poor posture mostly from breastfeeding i think. im a slouch monster.

This is very true! Most of us don't realize how much we slouch (especially if we work desk jobs). Just standing/walking straighter with your shoulders back will give you a slimmer look.

And of course exercise :) You've got this!

Don't let anyone get you down - they are just rude.