Options

Replies

• itsnojokeanymore
    Options
    im 5"6 and 174 pounds and i used to weigh 216 pounds
  • SheriBethB
    SheriBethB Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 31. I my highest weight was 320, I'm currently around 198. I want to lose 30-40 more (I think. Havent decided yet) I eat between 2000 - 2500 cals a day. For workouts I walk, run, body weight exercises, weights, dancing...whatever I feel like doing really. I don't have a set routine.

21k9we0.jpg
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6.

I started at 175 pounds and a UK size 16.. Am currently 132 pounds and just started buying UK size 10.

I eat everything in moderation, portion control was key for me, I was just eating too much of everything! lol. I started walking to work 2 miles each way and then I did C25K and Jillian Michaels DVDs.

44115290_1385.jpg
    44115290_9608.jpg
    44115290_4236.jpg
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    5'6" , started at 215, now 134. You will have to look at profile to see before and after pics. Takes planning, patience and perseverance... Ate mostly what I wanted, though healthier than in the past. Moved more. You can do this.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    5'6 and im at 140lbs.
    highest was at christmas probably.... 155+
    and my first goal weight is 130lbs
  • SweetTea111104
    SweetTea111104 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Oh I love this thread! You all look so good and have made such progress! I guess it is in my head but I can't imagine my body look like that! I guess I will have to keep pushing so I can see! LOL!!!
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    To the OP, congratulations on making the decision to live a healthier lifestyle. That is awesome, and even without results, just having made the decision to get on the right track deserves some praise. To the ladies who posted pictures of their transformations, you all look awesome!

I am 5'6" with a start weight of 140 lbs (143 lbs since before joining MFP) and have lost a total of 8 lbs thus far in my journey, putting my current weight at 135 lbs. I have a petite frame so I still have a lot of work ahead of me in terms of losing that last bit of weight, but mostly I want to tone and tighten up. I am currently at 27% body fat and my goal is to be closer to 20%, which should put me close to 120 lbs.

If you're interested in what different body fat percentages look like, someone recently posted this set of photos on the boards that really helped wrap my head around the numbers: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3POuHYpujeM/UMYvd3yb_UI/AAAAAAAACg0/or9Srms06yY/s1600/Body+Fat+Percentage+-+Men+and+Women.PNG
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Wow lots of great motivation on this thread!
  • lablamires
    lablamires Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    To the OP, congratulations on making the decision to live a healthier lifestyle. That is awesome, and even without results, just having made the decision to get on the right track deserves some praise. To the ladies who posted pictures of their transformations, you all look awesome!

I am 5'6" with a start weight of 140 lbs (143 lbs since before joining MFP) and have lost a total of 8 lbs thus far in my journey, putting my current weight at 135 lbs. I have a petite frame so I still have a lot of work ahead of me in terms of losing that last bit of weight, but mostly I want to tone and tighten up. I am currently at 27% body fat and my goal is to be closer to 20%, which should put me close to 120 lbs.

If you're interested in what different body fat percentages look like, someone recently posted this set of photos on the boards that really helped wrap my head around the numbers: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3POuHYpujeM/UMYvd3yb_UI/AAAAAAAACg0/or9Srms06yY/s1600/Body+Fat+Percentage+-+Men+and+Women.PNG

Thanks! I love everyone's replies!!!!!! It's so inspirational to see all your transformations :) Thank you everyone. Keep it up!
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting re-started, lost 5 lbs in the 5 weeks since I came back to MFP (started last year and lost about 10 lbs).....LOVE the motivation and success here! Congrats :-)
  • Sb65513n
    Sb65513n Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" at my heaviest 213 right now I'm 136, 3 pounds from my goal but I may change it since I need to tone a little more.
  • Chillyfrog
    Chillyfrog Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    bump... will post here sometime in the near future, until then it's always inspiring to see other people's accomplishments.
    You all look magnificent!
  • amazinglyjae
    amazinglyjae Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SNLover87
    SNLover87 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone :)

I started at 249 last March, I'm coming up on my year mark next week! I've lost 65 lbs in that time, and around 35 inches all over.
    5'6, 26 yrs old. I've got 35 lbs to goal.

tNihXHM.gif?1
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I have a before and after in my profile pics. Feel free to browse (I am 5'7")
  • MSouthernbelle87
    MSouthernbelle87 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5' 6" and I started my journey at 222lbs and I am now 192. You should definitely take pictures. Last month I only lost two pounds but my side rolls are smaller and I went down a size.
  • niniagrn
    niniagrn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 yrs of age, a little over 5'6 my start weight was 171 and my goal weight is 150. I'm maintaining at this point of my lifestyle change. Do not know how to download pictures into the comments. My workout includes 1hr on the elliptical 6 days per week, 20-30 minutes of strength training 6 days per week (switching between core, lower body and upper body) using two 15 pound dumb bells (Started with 5 lb dumb bells). Eating the recommended amount of calories. I incorporated four servings of vegetables and fruit daily. Also, still allowing myself to eat some of my favorite things but within the calorie limit. And I lose the weight slow and steady within feeling deprived.
  • rhonda6373
    Options
    You all have done (are doing) awesome! I wanted to comment on this thread because I need to look at it often for motivation. I am 5'6 as well and cannot wait to see these kind of results (I am really impatient :)). Keep up the great work!
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I started at 232 and got down to 127, but it was too hard to maintain. I had surgery last summer and lost a lot of my strength and fitness level. I'm currently at 148 and want to get down to 136-137. I added my starting picture to my profile pictures, but can't add them here since I am at work.
  • rhoucheille
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'6" and my starting weight was 180lbs. I started this lifestyle change 4 months ago and have lost 33lbs. And still looking forward to lose 10-15 more lbs. My profile pic is my before and after shot taken when I hit my -30lbs mini goal last month. I just do food portion control and home exercises like zumba kinect, 30DS and Fitness blender at least 3-4x a week. I still eat whatever I want as long as I can fit it within my food calories for the day. My secret? Just drink lots and lots of water :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!