Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Start Walking Leslie Sansone

I can't seem to find anywhere the average calories burned doing the Leslie Sansone Start Walking videos. When I add it here I do 15 or 30 min walking at 3.5mph. I know everyone is different but am I counting the calories burned correctly?

Replies

• waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    I use it as Aerobics.
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    I use Aerobics - low impact
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    I've been using Leslie since I've started, & I also record it as brisk walking.
    But it also depends on which program by her I'm using.
    For example, if I'm just using the 15-minute walk; I record it as a brisk walk because it's not as intense as...
    say, her Cardio Slimdown...which I record as low-impact aerobics because you do so much. :)
  • lifeinpink09
    lifeinpink09 Posts: 87 Member
    Oh I just wear my pedometer on my iTouch and it counts my calories for me! I have the 3 mile dvd and it generally gives me between 247 and 267 depending on how hard I'm actually working lol
  • a_dawn
    a_dawn Posts: 47
    I use her 3 mile walk and log it as 45 min. of walking 4 mph. I read that walking at a brisk pace burns about 100 cal. per mile.
  • Sirenism
    Sirenism Posts: 100 Member
    Depending on the video I tend to log it as walking and gauge it by the movements I'm doing. Most of the time 3.0-4mph.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    you can use the 3.0 or 3.5 mph, walking....or low impact aerobics....I did 3 miles with Leslie today, and I burned 400+..
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    I have a couple of videos also,I just calculate it with my pedometer,it tells me calories burned.
  • trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    I just read a blog written by Leslie about calories burned doing her workouts. The ballpark figure that she threw out (at least for the 4 Fast Miles DVD) was:

At least 100 calories for every mile for the non-boosted version (low impact)

At least 125-150 calories per mile for the boosted version (high impact)

I've been looking for something to definitively tell me that info for a couple of weeks! Yea!

I added it as my own exercise for my diary so, when I do that, I can just access that particular entry.
    Hope this helps!!
  • karenpsal
    karenpsal Posts: 30
    I have the 1, 2 and 3 mile walk DVD's at home. The 2 mile walk is about 30 min, averaging 4 mi/hr. I would log 30 min @ 4 mph. If there is another video that is faster paced, I don't know what the mileage and timeframe is.
  • karenpsal
    karenpsal Posts: 30
    Walked 3 miles today, .5 mile yesterday.

Total miles walked: 7.5 miles
  • losingit4infinity
    losingit4infinity Posts: 31 Member
    For the 3 Mile DVD I use aerobics- low impact and for the 4 Fast Miles DVD I record it as high impact aerobics. I think the best results would be if you use a HR monitor like Polar (They are pretty pricey I don't have one myself and often wish I did for times when calorie burn isn't easily determined).