Please help, gained 4 pounds after 2 months of working out?

Options
I have no idea whats going on, its so frustrating. im 5'8 female 188 pounds i eat 1400 calories a day.

Breakfast
2 organic eggs with turkey bacon and spinach
Lunch
Chicken breast wrap, cabbage,nuts, yogurt
Snack
banana
Dinner
Salmon, kale, spinnach, apple

Thats what i usually have or a little more because i eat back half my exercise calories.
2 weeks ago i dropped 2 pounds but this week i gained 4. I have been lifting a lot and doing moderate cardio. What gives?

Also i weigh all my food accurately.

Replies

• mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Have you compared your body measurements from then to now?
    Do you clothes fit differently?
  • Lld320
    Lld320 Posts: 81
    Options
    Cut 50 calories, try that for two weeks see how it goes. How do you measure your food anyway though?
  • michellewelch2010
    michellewelch2010 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Is it your TOM?... Or around that time? If it is it, it's highly likely the 4 lbs will be gone next week. Drink extra water.
  • MyiahRose
    MyiahRose Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Have you compared your body measurements from then to now?
    Do you clothes fit differently?

I dont measure but my clothes fit the same
  • MyiahRose
    Options
    Cut 50 calories, try that for two weeks see how it goes. How do you measure your food anyway though?

A food scale
  • MyiahRose
    Options
    Is it your TOM?... Or around that time? If it is it, it's highly likely the 4 lbs will be gone next week. Drink extra water.

tom was 2 weeks ago and i drink lots of water daily.
  • VeganMagpie
    VeganMagpie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My body weight fluctuates a lot throughout the month I have found - I think the whole being female thing!

I'm not really in a position to give great advice but I started off weighing myself which was great at first as I was losing a few lbs then they all came back (TOM) and it was making me really unmotivated and it was a bit depressing.

I'm now measuring myself one a week but also telling myself that I'm doing this to get healthy, weight loss is just an added bonus that will come with time :)
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    You're going to need to open your diary to get in depth advice.
  • missmtired
    missmtired Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    with the weather changing all over the place, may be what you are wearing. muscle actually does weigh more than fat o take monthly measurements- you may be shrinking from building muscle. and of course, the ever dreaded cycle that causes water retention may be present. i used to gain 3-5 pounds every other week (ovulate then period) and lose 5-8 pounds the next week. if you feel better chalk it up to your body and a plateau. cut your calories for a couple weeks and see if that kick starts you again.
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    If you just started lifting, you are most likely retaining water weight for muscle repair. It will go away eventually. If you are consistently weighing your food and eating at a deficit, you are not gaining fat. For 4 pounds, that would be an extra 14,000 calories above maintenance. Patience is key.