How many people include all drinks and spices in their diary

Options
Like today I found out black pepper has 16 calories wth! lol

Replies

• Puppette
    Options
    I would never have thought about logging black pepper! That is too funny!!
  • lenaxox
    Options
    i dont on either.well most drinks i do but like my crystal light that i add to bottled water,,um no. i do add ranch dressing, mustard stuff like that..but seasonings not so much. lol
  • jenn50
    jenn50 Posts: 81
    Options
    that is crazy. i don't log in my drinks and spices. though i mostly drink ice water.
  • watkinsc
    watkinsc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Oh geesh..who would have thought? =) I do log ALL my drinks however...
  • randyv99
    randyv99 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    On the rare occasion that I actually cook, I put everything in the recipe in MFP. Otherwise I'll just put the next best thing. I put in everything else with calories (even my crystal light, splenda and pam) in my diary as well. I think the only thing I forget to log is gum but I figure I chew my gum long enough to burn off 5 calories so that should even itself out.
  • MyWishfulShrinking
    Options
    I log everything that passes through my mouth, so yes even spices lol.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,713 Member
    Options
    Like today I found out black pepper has 16 calories wth! lol
    In a whole tablespoon, but who sprinkles THAT much black pepper on their food? I'm sure the fire that would cause inside me would burn more than 16 calories. :noway:

I don't count spices, but I count condiments. I count most everything I drink, but not my black coffee. I realize there are some calories, but I figure it's negligible. I also don't count sugar-free gum, mints and lozenges.
  • nickkehagias
    Options
    I count condiments and drinks. ESPECIALLY drinks/sauces, those things are killers. If you're on a reduced calorie allowance, you can easily lose your day's deficit without realizing it from those things.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    You HAVE to include all drinks that are not diet, unsweet tea, or water. They have a LOAD of sugar and calories! However, I would NEVER count spices. That seems dumb to me lol. 16 calories in pepper??? Are you for real! I would never have imagined!
  • nonoark
    nonoark Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    all drinks yes. It the spice is more then a quick shake then yes.
  • MaggieGiamalvo
    MaggieGiamalvo Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    You HAVE to include all drinks that are not diet, unsweet tea, or water. They have a LOAD of sugar and calories!

I would include diet drinks too. They have sodium. (But I don't drink diet drinks.)

I do log my drinks because they're usually fruit juices or milk, when it's not water. I wouldn't have thought to log things like black pepper, basil, thyme, etc, because I use so little of it, when I do use it. I use a ton of garlic, so I do log it. And, since salt is sodium, I log it.
  • paulagabay
    Options
    my pepper doesn't list any calories.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I count them when I input a recipe. Everything has calories, even if is a small amount, it has calories.
  • mamastuck
    Options
    I just happen to use alot of blackpepper in one meal and added it just to see I was amazed. Now I drink water and green tea all day so oj milk anything else like that I just started to log
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I do all of my drinks but never spices unless it says on the bottle.
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    I'm pretty OCD - I log it all. I set up recipes for most things since we cook at home all the time and it helps keep my diary a little "cleaner".
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I don't log the few spices I use. I do log any prepared condiments or marinades. I don't log the black coffee or tea, but I do log it if I use creamer or other addatives to it. Other than that I drink water.
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    All drinks, absolutely. Condiments, yes (I even weigh them to log the exact amount!), other than mustard. Spices... it depends. Sometimes. It isn't as easy to calculate or measure just how much you are using, since you just sort of add what seems right to the food while cooking... taste and add more, lol... I figure at the end of the day, if I'm a few calories over because of the garlic powder or Italian seasoning that I added, I'm not going to worry about it. I never add SO much that it would cause problems.

Though if you are tracking your sodium, you might want to keep track, since a lot of seasonings have salt.
  • priskar
    priskar Posts: 156
    Options
    I only drink water...ever...so there's nothing to log other than fluid. I don't log things like pepper, cinnamon, etc. but I do log condiments like cocktail sauce, etc. down to the gram or ounce. Everything that goes in my mouth gets measured. Dry ingredients are weighed on a scale. Liquid and creamy foods are measured with measuring cups.
  • mrskern06
    mrskern06 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I always log my spices and my herbal teas (some have calories or potassium! Water is the only drink I don't log and you count that on the water counter. :o)