what is your macros set at?

Options
I know it obviously depends on height age weight etc. I used the iifym calculator and have been tweeking it daily to see what works for me but now I'm afraid I'm too off track from where it should be. Currently mines set at 45/20/35 (c/p/f) at 1614 calories a day (I used "lose it" to find out my daily calories, mfp seemed to set mine too low) im currently not working out so i dont log anything for exercise but im active chasing a one year old around all day. I am closer to my goal so only have it set to lose about .5 a week

Replies

• navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    40/30/30 for me. I'm 30, male 5'11" I exercise five days a week, lift heavy 3-4 days a week.

Rigger
  • ldula88
    ldula88 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    15% carbs, 35% protein, 50% fat. Works well for me, and I find it super easy to sustain most days (I do thrown in a higher carb day every now and then), but not everyone finds it sustainable.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of Carbs .. so I am working on lowering it, but if I cut it down a lot, I know I will fail.

I'm 45% Carbs, 35% Protein, 20% Fat

I would try a week with what you have, see which one you are struggling to reach or you are going over .. and adjust so that you can work your way to what your IIFIYM said for you.

My advice anyways! Good luck! The closer to the goal weight sucks!
  • Melissa72187
    Melissa72187 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sounds like I have my carbs maybe a little too high. The iffym calculator set my protein super high that I never got even close to the amount it said so I took quite a bit away from that and put it elsewhere. 15% for carbs?? Lol omg I'd be dying! Idk how you do it!
  • Melissa72187
    Melissa72187 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of Carbs .. so I am working on lowering it, but if I cut it down a lot, I know I will fail.

I would try a week with what you have, see which one you are struggling to reach or you are going over .. and adjust so that you can work your way to what your IIFIYM said for you.

That's the same thing I think too, if I don't have enough carbs to use its depressing lol! I love carbs, I'm sure im having a lot less then I did before I was watching my macros but definitely an area that still needs work. Thanks for the tip.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options

That's the same thing I think too, if I don't have enough carbs to use its depressing lol! I love carbs, I'm sure im having a lot less then I did before I was watching my macros but definitely an area that still needs work. Thanks for the tip.

I dont even want to know what I was eating before I got back on MFP! lol

My goal is 35% Carbs, 40% Protein, 25% Fat ... hopefully I can get there!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm in a small cut to try to drop a few points in BF and mine work out to around 45c/25p/30f which pretty much gets me my 1 gram protein per Lb of LBM and 0.35 - 0.4 grams of fat per Lb of body weight and then I just round out the rest with carbs.

Pretty much my protein and fat stay constant whether I'm cutting or maintaining or gaining in respect to the 1 gram protein and fat ratio bit...carbs are my flex. So I eat fewer carbs when I'm losing and more carbs when maintaining...and would be even more carbs on a bulk. I do not ever low carb however as I do quite a bit of endurance training and carbs are pretty essential to my recovery of glycogen and recovery in general.
  • junnipr
    junnipr Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    my suggestion will be not to watch only the amount of carbs, but look from where it comes from. Some of them like bread(wheat or white) have added sugar and other stuff like High Corn Syrup, etc etc. I do buy one name Ezekiel Bread, bc i understand int have less chemicals as ingredients. Other Carbs i tend to eat is on sweet potatos, spaghetti squash(i use this instead of pasta, i love this), brown rice, butternut squash. Those days that im craving for some pasta, like i said before, i switch the psta for Zucchini(using a spiralizer it gives the spaghetti shape), spaghetti squash, yellow squash. Other than that, i add the meat the sacuce, same stuff i add to the pasta. that way is way less Carbs and Calories than pasta.
    hehe suggestion coming from me that i was not a vegetable lovel at all!! but learning now how to incorporate that to my meals.
  • amblight
    amblight Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have mine at 45% carbs, 30% protein and 25%, which I find realistic for me at the moment - for all my MFP-days, I'm averaging 50/20/30, though I'm constantly getting more protein and less carbs. Don't have anything agains carbs, but if i want to get lots of protein (keeps me nice and full), that's what I'm going to cut, since I don't want my fat to drop below 25%.. It was getting really low, since I try to eat low calorie dense foods (so I can have moooooore), so I had to make an effort to eat more fat (and I don't want to 'waste' those precious calories by just adding oils to foods), but then I got 4lbs of full fat feta at uni, and problem solved ;) So my fat intake for the week is now up at 23% - I'm having avocados and mozeralla tomorrow too, so it's all good!
  • Lea_8D
    Lea_8D Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    40c/25p/35f which at 1350 cals is 135 g carbs that I consider a max, and shoot for only 100. I consider the protein a minimum to shoot for.
  • magnum26
    magnum26 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    40/40/20

The recommended standard macro. Will let you know in a month if it's working. :smile: (providing I remember) :laugh: