I can't seem to et out of the 190's!

Options
I can not seem to get out if the 190's. I've been stuck in the 190's since November or 2013. Around the holidays I went off my diet but in January i started back a little and went from 198 to 194 and now I've become obsessed with weight myself. I made it down to 192 about 2 weeks but then it went back up to 194. Today I weighed myself and I'm back to 197. I don't understand how I drastically gain weight in such a short amount of time and why I can't get out of the 190's. When I first started I was 217 and I dropped the weight so fast. I feel like I'm constantly monitoring everything I eat and I stay under my calories. What is going on?

All of this is making me not want to eat.

Replies

• nomad1000
    nomad1000 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Are you logging your food someplace else? I checked your diary and there are many days with no/incomplete entries.

It may be about getting back to basics. Weighing and logging everything you eat. Logging all exercise. Drinking lots of water.
  • kmariedickinson
    Options
    I sometimes fall out of routine of logging every thing I eat. My last two days we had some family issues so I didn't log anything. I'm just getting so disappointed with myself and I don't want to drastically reduce my food intake because I've heard in the end it makes you over eat. My other problem is snacking. I have two kids so I buy convenient snacks for them for school and afterwards and end up eating them myself.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    You're not losing because you're not being consistent. You will get out of the 190's once you start logging *all* of your food and stick to a calorie deficit.
  • Roxanne_Hennessy
    Roxanne_Hennessy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I just had about a 2 month slump stuck in between 180-185. I wasn't watching and logging like i usually do. I also wasn't eating as healthy. So i started the diet again and was at 176 today
  • nomad1000
    nomad1000 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Consistency is key. Even if the food choices aren't great or put you over your allotment, log them. No one is perfect/under/on plan all the time. Hell, I walked around the block a couple of times last night because I realized I needed to get some exercise cals. Wasn't long, 15 minutes but got the heart pumping and helped keep me on plan.

And don't restrict too much. You can have the snacks and the treats, just with smaller portions. I love pita chips and regularly indulge in an ounce or two. Same with Pirate Booty white cheddar cheese snacks. And chocolate. I know if I tried to cut these types of snacks out all together I was setting myself up for failure...big time.

Personally, even though I have a lot of weight to lose, I have my goal rate set at 1.5 lb/wk, even though 2 is doable. Why? Because I know if I restrict too much, I won't follow through. So if you have your goal set at 2 or 1.5, drop it down to 1 until you get yourself back on track and won't feel like you are restricting too much.
  • kmariedickinson
    Options
    Thanks guys!!! I'm going to make sure I log EVERYTHING even if I go over my calories!! Some people make it look so easy and I guess I let it get to me.