Anyone else work 16+ hour days?

Options
I work 7 days a week.. on a good day I only have to work 6-8 hours but more often than not (always on Mon-Fri) I work from 7am until 9, 10 or 11 at night (if not later)

Anyone else in this boat?

How do you incorporate fitness?

I have an active job (I own/operate 2 restaurants) - cooking and helping customers.... by the end of the day I'm pretty much ready to crash and honestly Id love some recommendations or insight.

Replies

• sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you get enough exercise already. Just cut down on the food, maybe add some strength training on the weekend?
  • fsucrack
    fsucrack Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I do not work 16+ hours a day, but I work full time and Im a full time grad student... I get up early to run and then I work out on my lunch hour. I do small 30 day challenges like push-ups, wall sits and planks in the evening because I can fit them in. Do you get a lunch hour? Maybe you can fit a walk in then?
  • hstephe2
    hstephe2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Get a fitbit. That way you can track how much you walk per day and mfp will adjust your calories accordingly.
  • wannaBrunnner81
    wannaBrunnner81 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I kind of work 7 days a week. Five days a week i am a Game Warden (fish and wildlife law enforcement), so depending on the season i put in anywhere from 9 to 17 hours a day most of it in a patrol vehicle driving from call to call etc. Then on my days off i watch my 19 month old son...so i work all day lol.

I get out of the truck as often as i can, go for short walks/hikes etc. When thats not an option i will get out and bust out some push ups and jumping jacks on the side of the road. Other wise i have to work out in the morning before i go to work or i wont get an acutal work out in.
  • SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
    I work 7 days a week.. on a good day I only have to work 6-8 hours but more often than not (always on Mon-Fri) I work from 7am until 9, 10 or 11 at night (if not later)

I have an active job (I own/operate 2 restaurants) - cooking and helping customers.... by the end of the day I'm pretty much ready to crash and honestly Id love some recommendations or insight.

I bet you eat whatever food your restaurant cooks - bring your own lunch and snack throughout the day on healthy things.
  • ewarlow
    ewarlow Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Its not so much that im not making progress I just feel like Im going to get thin.. but not be fit
  • ewarlow
    ewarlow Posts: 71 Member
    Options

I bet you eat whatever food your restaurant cooks - bring your own lunch and snack throughout the day on healthy things.

I do on occasion, but I also eat healthy. Just because its a restaurant doesn't mean it isn't healthy food - I have access to pre portioned meats, various cooking methods and tons of fresh produce. I've even saved some of my favourite dishes so I can easily log them - however I don't eat them that often.
  • jebrunke
    jebrunke Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm working a desk job, 15+ hours a day, 7 days a week since January 5th and have steadily lost weight doing 0 exercise and following calorie limits and tracking food consumed using MFP... No magic, just have to keep honest track of everything you eat and it will work.
  • carmencc26
    Options
    I work 7 days a week 10-12 hrs per day. I have a somewhat active job. I run a carpet cleaning and janitorial business, as well as a construction and remodeling business. I also have a 15yo and a 2yo and a husband that want my attention as soon as I walk in the door. It is hard at times to get to the gym, especially this winter it is SOOOO COLD OUTSIDE, and I don't really want to get in my car. I started eating more protein, less carbs, and my energy lever has increased. I get up early in the morning while everyone else is sleeping and I dance for exercise at 5AM-5:45AM when I can't get to the gym. It actually makes me feel so much better and happier. I make sure I am in bed by no later than 9:30 PM every night so that I can get a good nights sleep. It has been working so far.
  • littlebrownbat3
    littlebrownbat3 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yep. Biology grad student. Honestly, fitting in the fitness sucks, but I have found it is necessary to maintain my mental health. Every time I come back from the elliptical, my boyfriend asked how it went. I almost always say it sucked. Then I get in the shower and crawl into bed, and do it all over again the next day.

Also, while everyone else in grad school gains weight, I still look good :)
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options

Hire a General Manager and take some time off for not just yourself but your family...I used to work 16 hour days, it's not worth your mental and physical health no matter how much you make or need to make. :happy: