Need ur help

Options
A lot of people told me that milk is bad for you if you are trying to lose weight.
i stopped drinking milk
so is milk really bad if you are trying to lose weight ?:drinker:

Replies

• mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    no
  • fsucrack
    fsucrack Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Nothing is bad in moderation... and if it fits into your calories then drink some milk
  • CassandraEldridge
    CassandraEldridge Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Animal Milk is bad for you and your bones it is full of fats and hormones and all sorts of nasties....

IMO Humans were not meant to drink milk into adulthood (let alone cow's milk) otherwise our mommies would keep breastfeeding us.

Do a google search, read articles, and make your own opinions.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Animal Milk is bad for you and you bones it is full of fats and hormones and all sorts of nasties....

IMO Humans were not meant to drink milk into adulthood (let alone cow's milk) otherwise our mommies would keep breastfeeding us.

In terms of actual science this is also nonsense. You're not going to have issues drinking milk unless it's your sole food forever, where you'd be deprived of other nutrients. The amount of hormone is so low you'd have to drink a stupid amount to get any decent level into your system. In fact, milk is a decent source of calcium, you can get skimmed if you want less fat (but actually fat is GOOD for you as it helps absorption of some vitamins) and provides some protein. Drink your milk if you like it. Don't listen to the 'natural' brigade, there's no decent evidence behind them and most of the anti-milk websites you see will be people preaching veganism (which is fine if you want to but not necessary for health).
  • laloo97
    laloo97 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thanks a lot ,appreciate it
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Animal Milk is bad for you and your bones it is full of fats and hormones and all sorts of nasties....

Or instead of believing everything you Google, you could do proper research and find that you are wrong. I'd love to know where you are sourcing your information. Science, for the win!
  • lesteidel
    lesteidel Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I think I actually read an article in the news this morning that said getting adequate calcium and potassium helped aid weight loss.

I'm pretty sure milk has calcium and is good for your bones too. Yes it has calories, but so does everything. It's certainly better for your body than downing a diet coke.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    In for the fun responses!
  • ncgingerich
    ncgingerich Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    No way! In fact low fat milk is a great source of protein and is filling with only about 100 calories or so for a cup. I find a glass of milk with or soon after dinner helps to curb my late night snacking problem as well.