The Walking Dead - Is it Just Me Or

Options

Replies

• smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I don't know if they need to get everyone together, but they need to get it moving. The last one really felt like filler. This needs to be leading somewhere. I have a feeling in the next few weeks, something big will happen. This has all felt like "set up" to me.

Me too. I'm really expecting a brawl soon between members of the original group. idk why though.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Isn't there supposed to be a spin off coming out soon? I'm more ready for that than anything. Or for this season to get its act together. Although, next week's episode looks promising, at least more action.

yes, but I have not heard much about it ...I would assume it is a different "group"...

Yeah, from what I heard it was going to be a different group in a different part of the country.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    RICK'S FACE:

67ed00cb2045476e48a7e3bbc701745d.jpg
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    The last episode was so slow. I really wanted Beth to be walker chow. I was afraid she was trying to get Darryl to sleep with her. "I've never had sex..." I was sure she was going to say it.

I was just WAITING for the sex to happen. I was very surprised when it didn't. Beth is definitely acting like a spoiled little kid though. I don't think I'd miss her if she got eaten. I'd kind of be bummed for Maggie since she just lost her dad, but for all she knows, Beth is already dead anyway.

I'm really glad they didn't make the interaction between Daryl and Beth about sex. It would've been boring and predictable if they did.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I'm just hoping they don't drag the whole season out this way. Get some of them back together, at least. I'm glad Michonne found Rick and Carl because they have to be two of the most annoying people on the show now and I love Michonne. I used to like Beth but I don't understand the Daryl love. I like his character but he's not at ALL attractive. He needs to keep away from Beth and work his way back to Carol. Based on the distance they traveled, I'm guessing it's going to be a long time before Maggie and Glen find each other, but maybe they'll all find each other eventually, and before I decide that I like the Walkers better.
  • mccindy72
    Options
    The only thing that bothered me about the last episode was that Beth drank the moonshine like it had no taste. Have you ever tasted moonshine? That stuff is nasty!!!!! Seems like the directors would have done a better job of that.. her first drink and she's not getting sick?

That was very weird. Recalling my first taste of moonshine... .uuuuuuuuuuuugh

Agreed. Moonshine is disgusting. I've had it multiple times and still can't help but make a face when I taste it lol.

Really depends on who makes it. I know someone who does and it's actually pretty good.
  • TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Personally like the spin off of individual(s) off on their own to see how they fare. I was one of those who didn't like the season dedicated to that town setup with the Governor. I like the show for its take on how individuals act in survival situations. just my 2 cents.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The last episode was so slow. I really wanted Beth to be walker chow. I was afraid she was trying to get Darryl to sleep with her. "I've never had sex..." I was sure she was going to say it.

I was just WAITING for the sex to happen. I was very surprised when it didn't. Beth is definitely acting like a spoiled little kid though. I don't think I'd miss her if she got eaten. I'd kind of be bummed for Maggie since she just lost her dad, but for all she knows, Beth is already dead anyway.

I'm really glad they didn't make the interaction between Daryl and Beth about sex. It would've been boring and predictable if they did.

I agree. My head never even went that direction because I still think of Beth as a teenager.
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I'm just hoping they don't drag the whole season out this way. Get some of them back together, at least. I'm glad Michonne found Rick and Carl because they have to be two of the most annoying people on the show now and I love Michonne. I used to like Beth but I don't understand the Daryl love. I like his character but he's not at ALL attractive. He needs to keep away from Beth and work his way back to Carol. Based on the distance they traveled, I'm guessing it's going to be a long time before Maggie and Glen find each other, but maybe they'll all find each other eventually, and before I decide that I like the Walkers better.

See I don't really get Rick and Carl being annoying characters. They've had it really rough. And Carl's just trying to be a normal teenager as best he can.. I mean, he can't make the mistakes of drinking underage and staying out too late..instead he risks his life the only way he can. When I got my drivers license I'd take curves too fast and feel empowered. Every teen tests their limits even if the world is ending. :)

I do love Michonne as well and am glad she met up with Rick and Carl since I think she sees Carl like he's her own.
    Daryl is attractive in his personality.The bad-*kitten* exterior definitely gives something to love. I thought that having him open up and break down to Beth was good for him. Most of the time he comes across like he doesn't care about anything. That losing people is just the way it is. But he just proved that he actually does care about everyone and really it seems he's hoping they're all alive even if he's trying to tell himself they aren't. I think he actually is scared about being the "last man standing" as Beth put out there.

And Beth this episode was just doing the same as Carl was. Teens testing their limits.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I am kind of curious as to what the place at the end of the railroad tracks is like ...a happy community, or a bunch of phsychos living together....????
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

See I don't really get Rick and Carl being annoying characters. They've had it really rough. And Carl's just trying to be a normal teenager as best he can.. I mean, he can't make the mistakes of drinking underage and staying out too late..instead he risks his life the only way he can. When I got my drivers license I'd take curves too fast and feel empowered. Every teen tests their limits even if the world is ending. :)

I do love Michonne as well and am glad she met up with Rick and Carl since I think she sees Carl like he's her own.
    Daryl is attractive in his personality.The bad-*kitten* exterior definitely gives something to love. I thought that having him open up and break down to Beth was good for him. Most of the time he comes across like he doesn't care about anything. That losing people is just the way it is. But he just proved that he actually does care about everyone and really it seems he's hoping they're all alive even if he's trying to tell himself they aren't. I think he actually is scared about being the "last man standing" as Beth put out there.

And Beth this episode was just doing the same as Carl was. Teens testing their limits.

Beth and Carl both have grown up quite a bit since we first met them.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I am kind of curious as to what the place at the end of the railroad tracks is like ...a happy community, or a bunch of phsychos living together....????

No doubt!
  • mccindy72
    Options

Oh, I hated Carl for a long time. Now it's like passive dislike/sometimes he's okay. So I think he's growing on me. Beth, I can take sometimes, sometimes not. I think they'll both come around. Rick is decaying into an annoying asshat.
  • bluetrumpet01
    bluetrumpet01 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    how are we supposed to get a spinoff if they all find each other again? ;)
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I kinda like the different set up for now. It's nice to be able to focus on a couple characters at a time, letting the anticipation build as they come back together :) And who didn't love that last one!!

^^^^this
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    the real question is, what's up with Daryl's Euro trash hair do? don't get me wrong Daryl is the bomb but the hair is distracting.
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options

Oh, I hated Carl for a long time. Now it's like passive dislike/sometimes he's okay. So I think he's growing on me. Beth, I can take sometimes, sometimes not. I think they'll both come around. Rick is decaying into an annoying asshat.

I think Rick is acting appropriately. He woke up to all of this in a hospital, alone. He had to figure out what happened on his own really (with some help from Morgan and his son) and then he finally finds his wife, finds out his wife and best friend were sleeping together, almost is killed by his best friend and has to kill him instead, has to deal with his wife being pregnant and not knowing whether or not the baby is his, and then losing his wife during childbirth. He's had to watch people in his group die, and has to deal with feeling responsible since he has always been the "head" of the group. After the prison showdown, I'm sure he feels he's a failure at protecting everyone and it's just more crap he is going to have to deal with.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I'm liking the seperate episodes. Last weeks was slow but we learned a lot about Darryl.
  • MzHornedOne
    MzHornedOne Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I like that its allowing us to figure more out about characters we really knew nothing about! But I do want to find out how Judith is doing!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

The first episode I ever saw of the show was the one where Carl was baiting the walker who was caught in the mud.

(This one: carl_zombie_1.jpg)

So I hated Carl in the beginning, but he is growing on me. I wanted to smack him when he was going off on his dad about he doesn't need him. Beth has yet to seriously annoy me. I think that's because they don't show her much at all.