Workouts for arms

Options
moxy28
moxy28 Posts: 103 Member
I would really like to get the fat off my arms and get them toned up. Does anyone have any workouts that will really target the under part of the arm(bat wings). They are getting in the way of some of my other workouts and they really bring me down. Any help??

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    We can't target fat loss. Doesn't work that way. It burns off in the reverse order that you gained it - regardless of which muscles you work. So just focus on reducing body fat. The usual advice for that is doing full-body strength training. Follow a good program for best results (NROL, Stronglifts, etc). That plus cardio and eating the right number of calories will burn fat - from anywhere.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Push ups
  • norcalskater
    norcalskater Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Spot reduction does not work, it's a myth. When fat comes off the body it comes off all parts at once in small amounts. If you still want to target that area. Do tricep exercises. My favorite is "skull crushers". You can look them up and see how to do them.
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    push ups
    tricep dips
    bicep curls

Repeat over and over
  • moxy28
    moxy28 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The skull crushers look perfect! I will add all those in! Thank you for all your tips fellas!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I wish we could spot reduce! My arms are still flabby. :sad:

My legs are starting to look like they did when I was young, just a bit more fat to trim there. But just be patient, focus on a good diet and consistent exercise, including increasing strength.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    push ups
    tricep dips
    bicep curls

Repeat over and over
    ^ Nailed it!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Push ups

more like put downs and push backs
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I posted about this today too - go find "Help Flappy Arms" - I got some great ideas there!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Push ups

more like put downs and push backs

indeed.

also no pull ups? I know it's back thing- but it is helpful.
    military press also helpful
    over head pulls