Drinks for the nondrinker?

Options
I wasn't sure if this qualified as "food and nutrition" so sorry if it doesn't!

I'm going on vacay in April and want to drink a little. I've never really drank before so I'm not sure what to get. I'm not trying to get super drunk or anything just want to enjoy some adult beverages while at the beach and whatnot :drinker:

I like beer but I want to try some mixed drinks. What would you recommend?

Replies

• runnergrlfl
    runnergrlfl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Being at the beach makes me think of Pina Coladas and Mojitos.

I also sometimes do Malibu & Pineapple if I want a drink but keep it feeling light.

Vodka & Tonic with a lime is my go-to cocktail.
  • carolanneashton
    carolanneashton Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Definitely a steam boat southern comfort, lemonade and a splash of lime and lots of ice yummy. NIce and refreshing on a hot day :glasses:
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Mojito with dark rum, my favourite,

Or rum and sprite or soda.
  • DevilsFan1
    DevilsFan1 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    The Margarita is the perfect mixed drink. Salty, tangy and slightly sweet. Highly addictive if you're not careful. ;)
  • slspry1
    slspry1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    vodka and diet coke in a long glass with a slice of lemon :drinker: have a great holiday
  • Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to a nice Tanqueray (gin) and tonic, with lime. Very refreshing on a hot day.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    There are so many options. Do you like fruity? Dry? Personally, mixed drinks can be way too sweet and then result in a bad hangover headache the next day. I would avoid the drinks with a lot of juice. BUT juice is better than a pre-mix.

I would probably suggest a strawberry daiquiri, if it isn't a mix (ask them!). Or a pina colada if you like coconut and pineapple (again, only if it isn't a mix).

Or you can get a classic gin and tonic, vodka and soda (club soda) or rum and coke.

My favorite is a Long Island Iced Tea. (Again, fresh, not a mix! I hate when bars use mixes to make this!) This one is strong though, but doesn't taste like it at all. It tastes just like an iced tea :) (no tea involved ha). But since you are a nondrinker, if you decide to order this, order one and drink it slow.

Ask for a glass of water with any of the drinks you get. I always do that, and I am a drinker. That way I can drink the water if I am thirsty and enjoy the drink for what it is.
  • dietcoke281
    dietcoke281 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Malibu and pineapple is my fave!
  • must_deflate
    must_deflate Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    "Dark and Stormy":
    Ginger beer with black rum.
    (not just dark rum, black rum. You can use ginger ALE in a pinch but it's better with ginger Beer.)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I second Pina Colada. It is delicious with or without alcohol. I used to get non-alcoholic ones from the Orange Julius stand at the mall.