Body By Vi...Does it Work?

Options

Replies

• carlisa1980
    carlisa1980 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Been on these shakes for a little over 2 weeks and I'm burnt out. No weight loss so I guess I need to do this the old-fashioned way.
  • arenad
    arenad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have said this on these type of questions several times. You need to learn "how" to eat healthy. One might lose weight on this. Then when they have to start eating regular food again most of the time it comes back because they eat the same things that got them over weight to begin with. I have never tried it. So I am not saying whether it does or doesn't work. Just learn to eat healthy and exercise and the weight will come off.
  • greshka
    greshka Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    yes. but like anything else, if you don't follow it to the T, it does not. AND, exercise needs to be done with this diet to truly see results.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    If it creates a calorie deficit, it should work.

Is it worth the money? Will you enjoy eating that way? Will you stick with it in order to achieve long term goals? What happens at your goal? Will you be able to maintain your weight loss?
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Over hyped and over priced MLM that make a few people at the top of the pyramid rich.

The numbers are also sinking fast.......

"“ViSalus’ third quarter net sales decreased 52% to $82.4 million versus $169.9 million for the same period last year, largely reflecting the reduced Promoter base in North America. At the end of the third quarter, qualified independent North American Promoters totaled more than 49,000 versus more than 110,000 Promoters at the end of the prior year’s third quarter. International Promoters totaled nearly 4,000, reflecting the entry into the U.K. in April.”

http://www.lazymanandmoney.com/visalus-scam/#comments

http://www.davidmodderman.com/blog/index.php/weight-loss/body-by-vi-is-it-all-hype/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUsnNywnGsE
  • threefancy
    threefancy Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Research the ingredients and see if it is acceptable to you. Some of them are questionable.
  • attackhamster
    attackhamster Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it works--anything that puts you at a daily calorie deficit will make you lose weight--but what will you do when the program is over? You don't have any idea how to eat healthy meals since you've been replacing your meals with shakes. I am wary of all programs like this that don't teach you the skills you need to lose and maintain your loss for the rest of your life.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Pyramid scheme is pyramid. I didn't lose weight from the Body by Vi shakes until I wrapped one in an It Works! wrap...:huh:
  • Redgal56
    Redgal56 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that has lost 15 lbs in 4 weeks. If nothing else, she is motivated by her weight loss to hit the gym and get healthy.

Sure, it may not work for everyone - but if it helps some people it is worth it!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    no
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    To answer the question I know of a few people that lost weight doing Body By Vi, but have since gained back what they lost.

Eating less, moving more won't cost you a dime. That sounds like a better alternative.
  • MagonElizabeth
    Options
    I bought it and thought is was my solution to quick weight loss....this was back in the day when I was naive about weight loss :wink:
    I loved the taste of it and that I could mix it with pretty much anything because it wasn't just chocolate or vanilla...it's more of a basic flavor. I used it for about a week (2 shakes a day) and started noticing a lot of bloating....kept at it for another week and started to notice some stomach pains. I assumed it was just gas and someone from the Body By Vi website told me it was just my body getting used to all the nutrients....right. :ohwell:
    I continued for another two weeks with the same symptoms...granted, I was losing some weight but I did not feel well.
    It was at the end of the second month that I had enough. My body was obviously not agreeing with something in the product so I stopped using it. All of the symptoms....bloating, stomach cramps, diarrhea, lethargy and a pissy mood.....stopped within 2 days. I probably lost and gained back around 10 pounds in that time frame, but it was NOT worth it. I wasted my money and my time...I got smart and just started doing what we all know works....eating healthy, nutritious foods and exercising. No more shakes or weight loss products for me....
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    :grumble: NO.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    No. Eating a caloric deficit works. Not shakes, diet plans, pills.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it works temporarily. But does it teach you anything about how to eat healthy or maintain your weight? Do you learn new habits? Do you conquer the issues that caused you to gain weight in the first place?

Just eat a well-balanced diet, exercise, and make sure you're in a caloric deficit. Lose the weight and keep it off.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I wonder if the OP decided to go with it...2 and a half years ago
  • Just_Bella
    Options
    Save your money! Eat less move more!!
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Meh, all the people I have met selling this product seemed more interested in me joining their network to sell than me drinking the shake. Dude... we can't all be owners someone must be the consumer right. Riiight????
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I wonder if the OP decided to go with it...2 and a half years ago
    Air-High-Five.gif