One Year Later

Options
Tonight, following the Ash Wednesday service at church, my wife snapped a photo of us. She then, after looking at it, reminded me of a picture taken following the Ash Wednesday service last year and the difference in me between today and then.

March 2013 was almost three full months before I began my journey on My Fitness Pal. It was a time when I weighed in around 245 and had constant back aches and always felt tired.

One year later and I'm weighing in at 188lbs (only 3lbs left to my initial goal weight!) and feeling great. When you're losing, you don't really notice the big differences... and then the pictures come out and you can't believe you used to be that person.

If you're just starting out or thinking about starting out, you CAN DO IT! It's tough to track every calorie, to exercise regularly/stay active. BUT the results are worth every minute.

Thank you to my friends on MFP who've helped me get here!

Ash Wednesday 2013-Ash Wednesday 2014

picstitch-e1394078062865.jpg

Replies

• ancho84
    ancho84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. What rate did u lose at? I'm at about UR starting weight and am aiming for results like urs.
  • KC5115
    KC5115 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You look so good! Great job!
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Totally different person! Amazing job!! :flowerforyou:
  • centaurizoe
    centaurizoe Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Looking good! But..what's that on your forehead?
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a difference!! Well done.
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    oh wow!
  • claudineer
    claudineer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Example of great dedication. Awesome!
  • malcolmjcooper
    malcolmjcooper Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It's ash from burnt palm leaves usually it's a catholic thing
  • sweetpea7441
    sweetpea7441 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job!! :-)
  • lbpowers0506
    lbpowers0506 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have pretty much had my loss goal to be 2lbs per week the entire time with my activity level changing as I've gotten more active. Some weeks I lost .5lbs and some around 2. My general weekly loss (I weigh-in every Saturday morning) has been somewhere around or above 1lb.

I'm very careful to never go over my calorie goal set by MFP each day. If I want to eat something high (ex: pizza), I go for a run. If I know that I'm going to eat more or have a higher calorie intake going into a day, I track my food the day before or when I get up in the morning. I almost always track what I'm going to eat before I actually eat or order it (especially when eating out).
  • jamesalytle
    jamesalytle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    way to go dude!
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • MzHornedOne
    MzHornedOne Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Ash in the shape of the cross-for Ash Wednesday
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    Yay, looking great! Congrats
  • MomOfRose
    MomOfRose Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It's ash from burnt palm leaves usually it's a catholic thing

The ashes are from burned palm fronds from the previous year's Palm Sunday celebration. Christians of various denominations (not just Catholics) use them as a reminder that we were created from dust and to dust we shall return, and as a reminder of the trials that Christ endured in the times before his crucifixtion.
  • MomOfRose
    MomOfRose Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the loss! I love seeing stories like this.
  • GeekdGirl
    GeekdGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!
  • centaurizoe
    centaurizoe Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Oh sorry! I have never been to church so I didn't know!! That's cool. Once again, congrats on the loss :)
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    You have a smile that lights up the room. I wonder if you knew how good you looked in comparison before it was taken! Congratulations on a job well done. I am proud of you. And I will build in the equivalent of runs on my pizza days.
  • Babsie777
    Babsie777 Posts: 203
    Options
    You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!