Will boot camp kill me?

Options
kikif617
kikif617 Posts: 69 Member
I'm starting a fitness boot camp class in the next 30 days. Any success stories? How difficult is it? Should I up my life insurance policies in the event I don't make it LOL?

Replies

• lovelayla
    lovelayla Posts: 123
    Options
    Yes
  • ksamkms71
    Options
    Oops, thought you meant actual boot camp! Sorry for confusion
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I started boot camp classes last October. Was terrified of my first class. Now...I love boot camp. Every class is different so I never get bored. I saw pretty quick results with my improved fitness, strength and endurance.

Your instructor will probably offer multiple alternatives to doing certain exercises. You can modify almost everything so that you can do it. My class has all levels of fitness. No one cares what anyone else is doing because we're all just trying not to die. :tongue:

Go for it and have fun!

Edited to add: my classes are held outside or in an unheated barn. My profile pic is from right before a class--been a cold winter!
  • Leah_Alexis
    Leah_Alexis Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Depends.

I attended a free drop in bootcamp at the very beginning of this journey. It was hard. I felt like I was going to die. I gave it my all and got through the full session. I could hardly walk out of there. Got home, puked, showered and went into work. I was sore for over a week after this.

Five months after that ordeal I started talking to an online buddy who was taking bootcamp classes at the gym I now go to. She recommended it and said I should come. I was extremely hesitant with what happend during my previous experience with bootcamp. It was fantastic! Seriously. The trainer was amazing and worked with me and my skill level. I continued bootcamp for 7 months 3x a week. It's amazing how much my body transformed in that time. It's also a great learning tool to do exercises on your own.
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    what doesnt kill you makes you stronger, right? I love my fitness boot camp classes. It's for all fitness levels. Push yourself and you will be amazed at what you can do.
  • TammyW18
    TammyW18 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I love bootcamp! I go twice a week... do what you can do before you know it you will be killing it in class!
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    The first few will probably be tough but you can do it! It's great to have someone to push you further than you think you can go (but you can!)!
  • SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
    I'm starting a fitness boot camp class in the next 30 days. Any success stories? How difficult is it? Should I up my life insurance policies in the event I don't make it LOL?

Yes, it is hard - you might die or throw up or pass out. Make sure the trainer makes allowances for your fitness level at the begining - mine gave me alternative less intense exercises until I was up to par. What I learned - what you eat in the day before REALLY matters. The worse I ate, the worse I did. Also, you're going to BE REALLY SORE and you're just gonna power through it and go the next day too. I hope whoever is in your bootcamp is super supporitive and nice! all the people from the awesome-in-shape ones to the newbies are fantastic and it makes it easier to go even when I really dont want to.
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options

Yes, it is hard - you might die or throw up or pass out. Make sure the trainer makes allowances for your fitness level at the begining - mine gave me alternative less intense exercises until I was up to par. What I learned - what you eat in the day before REALLY matters. The worse I ate, the worse I did. Also, you're going to BE REALLY SORE and you're just gonna power through it and go the next day too. I hope whoever is in your bootcamp is super supporitive and nice! all the people from the awesome-in-shape ones to the newbies are fantastic and it makes it easier to go even when I really dont want to.

What would you recommend one should eat the day before a gruelling boot camp? Although it's probably too late now as it's evening time here and my very first 6 hour boot camp starts tomorrow. My friend who encouraged me to sign up has now bailed on me, and I'm terrified!!
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    So glad you asked this...I just purchased a 10 session bootcamp deal and I'm nervous about starting too...keep us posted!
  • corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hahaha I am still alive. Is it difficult, hell yes but is it worth it, of course. Just remember to push yourself, mind over matter BUT take a break if you need it. Dont feel embarrassed if you need a breather or some water and everyone else is pushing forward. At the beginning, try to focus on your form- strength and energy will come.