Am I doing this right?

Options
mic_ie
mic_ie Posts: 5 Member
I am 5'4'' and am about 15 lbs away from my ideal weight. MFP allots me 1450 calories a day. If I work out and burn say 300 calories, in order to keep losing around .5lbs a week do I still only consume around 1450 calories or am I suppose to consume 1750 that day? If I do 1750 am I still going to be on track to lose .5lbs a week? Is it going to be too restrictive to stick to the 1450 calories a day if I am working out and burning 300-500 calories a day?

I've tried to do this before and got discouraged and off track. I have a kidney disease that has medications that affect cholesterol and I talked my doctor into giving me one more chance to lower my cholesterol the healthy way instead of medication. I really want to see success this time. I appreciate any advice.

Also does adding friends make a difference? How does that part work?

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    so your deficit is already accounted for in your calorie goal therefore MFP wants you to eat back your exercise calories. Make sure you measure your burns accurately, if you can't then underestimate them or only eat back half of what you think you burned.

Friends can give great advice, motivation, and a little heatlhy competition if you find the right ones. Find people who have reached goals you are striving for or have similar interests as you.

Best of luck :)
  • kaseyleigh001
    kaseyleigh001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    As you work out you will need to put more calories into your body in order to keep your metabolism going strong, so yes as you burn the calories you will need to replace them with good calories and the app tracks that for you. Each day you complete your entry it will update you with your weight in 5 weeks if each day were the same. I am not sure how accurate it is but I find it helpful in keeping me accountable for what goes into my body. Hope this helps!
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
  • mic_ie
    mic_ie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks! That really makes a lot of sense!