no strenght gain upper body

Options
I`ve been strength training the last 9 months. Gaining strength on my lower body the whole time:smile: But for my upper body there`s a whole other story. I'm not getting stronger.... I train my upper body two times a week: military press, bench press, standing rowing, push ups and sometimes dips.
What am i doing wrong ?? Sometimes i think my triceps are week. Could that explain my 5 month stall?

Replies

• norcalskater
    norcalskater Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    How are you determining that your upper body is not getting stronger? Have you been stuck at the same weight for a while? If you aren't already doing this start with the bench press. It is the most effective out of those lifts for the chest. You want most of your energy going to that lift.
  • Eisa2
    Eisa2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    yes, been stuck at the same weight.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    have you deloaded?

try eating more?

using the cookies (2.5 lb plates)

changed rep ranges?
  • Eisa2
    Options
    had to google deloaded. No, have not tried that.

I eat very well, like 2500 kcal/ day, lots of protein, plants and fat. Gaining a good amount of strength on my lower body.

I do use the cookies, sometimes...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    i eat cookies every day.

it means nothing.

getting the right amount of food- and training progressively help.

I would de-load- and or go to a specific program- and invest in small weights (if you don't have 2.5 lbs weights get some- and or I think they make 1 lb weights- or heavy weighted collars)

all options. You aren't wrong- just time to tweak things. :)
  • norcalskater
    norcalskater Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The bench press is the most important chest lift. If you are doing it after any of those other lifts you are not getting everything out of it because you are going into it weakened a little bit. If you don't already start with the bench press do so.
  • Eisa2
    Options
    thank you guys. I will try this:smile: