I'm back a little chunkier and with a ?

Options
Hi, I am back I am a Mom to 3 girls and with each girl my body hung onto about 10lbs and now this winter out of no where I gained 8lbs REALLY easy. So now I am feeling all of my clothes tight and it was a wake up call. A lot of my friends that are also early thirties talk about the thirty spread? Is this true? Does your metabolism slow down when you hit mid thirties?

Replies

• mizliz1981
    Options
    Don't worry big girl you will be fine ;)
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am back I am a Mom to 3 girls and with each girl my body hung onto about 10lbs and now this winter out of no where I gained 8lbs REALLY easy. So now I am feeling all of my clothes tight and it was a wake up call. A lot of my friends that are also early thirties talk about the thirty spread? Is this true? Does your metabolism slow down when you hit mid thirties?

Unfortunately, our bodies do burn fewer calories as we get older. I got my "spread" back in my 20s, though, so no time to get more of it in my 30s. I have enough already, thank you :wink:

If you go to Scooby's calorie calculator (don't have the website handy, but it's a quick google), you can get a rough idea of what you should be eating for weight loss, or you can use MFP's numbers. Either way, you got plenty of time to deal with that spread.

Good luck!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back!
    Congrats on the new baby!

It is what it is with age, but overall it doesn't matter. We have to keep learning to adjust. We're not 20 anymore.

I have two kids that are 4 and 6. Its all about being healthy and the best I can be for them.

I'd love to help if I can. Feel free to Friend me.
    Nancy
  • cmaguire305
    cmaguire305 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and started (again) at 224lbs this time. I'm averaging 2 lbs a week. It's not as easy at is used to be, but to me, the difference that came with age is negligible at best. Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe I'm working harder this time and don't realize it. All I know is that I'm in pretty good health and the only problem I have losing weight is my battle with my own self control.