100 push-ups

Options
I admit it, I would love to be able to do 100 push-ups. I can manage 20 at a push...

Just came across this: http://hundredpushups.com/

Has anyone tried this plan with any degree of success?

Thanks,
Ciprian

Replies

• 1LoveChips
    1LoveChips Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Bump?!
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Yes. Managed it twice although both times could already do around the 40 mark. I enjoyed it and it's a good progression from wherever your start point is.

I reminded myself on Friday just how great an exercise the push up is. I did 30 to 1 (30, then 29, then 28 etc). Took about half an hour with 60 secs rest from 30-20, then 45, then 30 between the sets. Didn't realise how many it was until I added them up to a whopping 465 - yikes! I am so sore today...pecs, triceps and deltoids as expected but even more so abs and obliques. Great all round exercise if you're short on time and equipment.

Love push ups - or press ups as I prefer to call them :-)
  • MichelleMinus100
    Options
    I did 10 counter push-ups today. I wonder if I add one more everyday if I could actually do 100 counter push-ups in 100 days. I might challenge myself!
  • td_butler18
    Options
    I started working out in sept of 2013 an have lost a lil bit of weight. However I've found that its not how many you can do ALL AT ONCE- I do ten, rest for about a minute and do 10 more. I am now up to doing 150 push-ups a day. Just have to find out what works for you :)
  • thomaszabel
    thomaszabel Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    There are 2 great apps that synch to MyFitnessPal. Both are from a company called Runtastic. One is for sit-ups and one is for push-ups. It will give you 5 sets of situps or push-ups, and tell you how many in the first set, second set, etc. It counts them for you also using motion sensors and proximity sensors already in your phone. Then the next day you do it, it ups the number in each set a little.

Try out the app. After a while you may be able to do a ton of them. Plus like I said, it automatically uploads the calories and time to your exercise section of MFP.
  • Skinnymunkii
    Skinnymunkii Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I did 100 unmodified pushups last night and challenged my FL to do the same. Took me about a half an hour, with 5 minute rests between sets of 25.