New to all this

Options
Hello, I just wanted to tell you about me and my goals. I'm 33 and have been married to a great man for almost 10 yrs and he has never said anything bad about my weight. Matter of fact he is on here also trying to gain weight. We both decided it was time for a change. I am at my highest weight of 336.4 lbs.

I have started the 3,2,1 Slim Fast diet. I am not going to be on it long term. Just to help me get a kick start with it all. I did join a gym yesterday. This is going to be the hardest change I have had to do. I have Degenerative Disc Disease and that really does limit my range of activity.

My short term goal is 37 lbs that would take to me the 299 mark. I have never been skinny and I know I will never be skinny. I just want to be happy and love life again.

Replies

• nicolem1008
    Options
    Hi and welcome. You have taken the first step. Yes, change Is hard but if we are motivated to change and have the right tools to change, we are in a much better position to succeed. Also, having support is vital. Both from family and friends as well as from virtual friends like MFP.

Good luck!

Nicole
  • jenlindsaymorgan
    Options
    Awesome... I also have a very loving supportive husband. With him at times this means me saying "I want donuts" and him saying "Be back in a minute" (then coming home with what I want!! lol... He has great intentions though it makes it tough! BUT I am determined this time to see it all through!! I wish you luck and if you are looking for friends feel free to add me!
  • nomoreyoyo67
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I need to lose 50lbs., and like you my husband loves me and my body but the trouble is...I don't:(
  • shannonvalencia
    Options
    welcome i just joined here also and have about 45 pounds to loose you can add me if you want