Help this 20 year old lose weigh.

Options
College student and 20 years old. I have started and stopped this journey many times. As a sophomore and junior in high school I found this site and really stuck to it. I didn't lose much weight but I was toned. Got a job for the first time as a senior and everything just stopped. I just went into survival mode. Now that I am into second semester of college. Im in my 170s (haven't weighed in a while), 5'4 and ready for a change! I am so tired all the time I have no energy and now I'm started to binge eat. I have headaches and chest pains at night. I want to stop the bad habits before things get crazy! I just need some help. Idk where to start or even how. I know I need to change. I have a huge collection of Jillian Michaels DVDs and the insanity set. I just feel there isn't enough time to workout. When I do get home I have time to eat and do homework, occasionally so down time. If I were to start working out it would be like 3 days a week which isn't much. I have even looked into medifast and others like it. Thank u for ur advice, please be nice about ur responses. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Hmm college life... But chest pain definitely doesn't sound good at all! First go to a doctor for some blood tests and a heart check up. Get rid of binge eating immediately! Clean your diet, and take proper rest. Your life has more value than food an homework. Chances are you have a disorganized life. Cut unimportant stuff such as going out to bars, drinking with friends, staying late night, spending too much time on net, and procrastination. Make room for exercise and sleep. And most importantly eat clean! Cut fast food, sodas, alcohol, overeating sweets immediately. You don't wanna have any heart problems at such a young age...
  • yuuen
    yuuen Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I feel you. That's where I was too. Even if you don't work out, you can still cut back on food. It took time for my body to adjust to eating less, but I didn't alter the things I ate too much (I consciously make healthier choices now, though). If you have Jillian Michaels then give one a try. They honestly don't take that much time out of your day. It can make for a nice break from constant homework. 3 days a week is better than 0 days a week, imo.
  • kimbelle_vie
    kimbelle_vie Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tariksehovic
    tariksehovic Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    First figure out your BMR, and TDEE

Step 1 : OVER DRINK water, 1 gallon
    Step 2: Dont drink your calories ( Soda, Juice etc.)
    Step 3: Make better choices, Eat KitKat or 1cup of rice
    Step 4: Get a microwave and food scale
    Step 5: STAY FAR AWAY FROM KRAFT DINNER!!!!
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    What does the chest pain feel like?

Any other symptoms besides headaches?