5Things Other People Love...

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    These responses have cracked me up. Thanks for this post and all laughs.

1. Tea (Hot or Cold) - The smell alone makes me want to vomit.
    2. Avocado - I don't care how healthy it is for me.
    3. LeBron James
    4. Meat
    5.TV shows that begin with The Real Housewives of ....

Thank you!!! :-)

I like tea and avocado, but agree with a lot of meat (I am super picky, only like Chick-Fil-A nuggets, a select few burgers and steak bits at Chipotle)

I do not even know who LeBron James is, for sure...I think he may be a basketball player? haha I have zero interest in pro sports.

And totally agree on #5. I have worked for many obnoxious rich psycho ladies who were exactly like that, and I don't want to watch more of them having plastic surgery and mundane pointless conversations and arguments on television.
  • Chillyfrog
    Chillyfrog Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Vegetables - the ones green in color
    Onions - they're evil
    Beyonce
    High rise jeans, shorts, bathing suits
    Flat shoes
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Exercise
    decaf coffee
    meat with fat on it
    michael bay
    stinky cheeses
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    I thought of five more:

1) Steampunk
    2) Johnny Depp
    3) color runs
    4) RPGs
    5) diamonds
  • thatpixichick
    thatpixichick Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    1) Wine. I sit with people who taste it going "mmmm fruity, nice!", I take a sip and all I taste is bitterness. It makes me sad. I want to like it I just can't.
    2) Avocado
    3) X Factor etc.
    4) Uggs (just, no)
    5) Leggings as trousers/pants (I CAN SEE YOUR KNICKERS PLEASE PUT A SKIRT ON)
  • Oldtimer_65
    Options
    Coors Lite
    Downton Abbey
    Halle Berry
    Ketchup
    (Medical) marijuana
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Coors Lite
    Downton Abbey
    Halle Berry
    Ketchup
    (Medical) marijuana

I still have not watched Downton Abbey and it might be really good but for some reason I just do NOT want to even give it a shot!!
  • Oldtimer_65
    Options
    Yeah, I think people who are watching it are shooting just a tad low, but thats just me.
  • Coltsatc
    Coltsatc Posts: 36
    Options
    Coffee
    Hunting for sport
    Beans
    Cake
    Harry Potter/Lord of the Rings/Star Wars
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I don't like:

Food list-

1. Pizza
    2. Salmon
    3. Soda (minus ginger ale when sick)
    4. Licorice
    5. hot sauces or spicy foods

Non food list-

1. Clowns
    2. Snow
    3. Horror movies
    4. Flying
    5. Heights
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    1) Game of Thrones
    2) Downton Abbey
    3) Scotch
    4) Dancing
    5) Any kind of group fitness activity
    6) Arbitrary limitations on lists
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    how did I not catch this one................?!

1. scrapbooking - don't make me get into it - just NO
    2. top 40 music (I'm 47 - why would I want to listen to the crap - er - music my 15 year old listens to)?!
    3. name brands - as my Mom used to say - 'women with class don't wear labels on their a**'
    4. the word 'awesome' - overused - and not used in the correct context. The Grand Tetons are awesome - your shirt is NOT awesome.
    5. Dancing with the Stars - most of the 'Stars' are 'has-beens' - seems like a demotion that they landed on this show - sad!
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    how did I not catch this one................?!

1. scrapbooking - don't make me get into it - just NO
    2. top 40 music (I'm 47 - why would I want to listen to the crap - er - music my 15 year old listens to)?!
    3. name brands - as my Mom used to say - 'women with class don't wear labels on their a**'
    4. the word 'awesome' - overused - and not used in the correct context. The Grand Tetons are awesome - your shirt is NOT awesome.
    5. Dancing with the Stars - most of the 'Stars' are 'has-beens' - seems like a demotion that they landed on this show - sad!

LMAO about scrapbooking. I used to be hardcore into that around 2001-2003. BUT -- scrapbookers. Just no. The most catty, OCD, ridiculous and often closed minded women seem to flock to that particular hobby...eww

I feel the same about Zumba to be totally honest, although I keep saying I'll give it a shot in a new place with new people...

Ah and "Dancing With the Stars" - my mom watches that and I DO NOT understand how it is still on television!
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    1. Wine
    2. Most Celebrities (When they are not reading from a script, most of what they say makes me want to bang my head against a wall.)
    3. Fish
    4. 50 Shades of Gray (Total Crap, IMHO)
    5. Hip Hop music.
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Television
    Reduction sauces of any kind
    Hollywood
    Restaurants with single syllable names , except nicknames or a person's name ("Shortys," "Justine's," "Martha's Diner," "Do-Drop-In" )
    Tuperware
  • FemmeFatale83
    Options
    You definitely named a couple of things I love haha. Let's see, what would some of mine be...

Facebook (yet here I am on a social networking site, socializing. I never said it made sense)

Market Street - also known as Meat Market Street, it exists in Downtown Denver and is a stretch of dance clubs and bars which all play the same music and is terribly crowded

Hatchbacks

CSI

The word "kudos" or "snaps"
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars

Pitbull, the singer not dog

Over easy eggs on or in foods (steaks, soups, etc.)

Drama Llamas (seems everyone gravitates towards them)

Black Friday
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Quest Bars

Pitbull, the singer not dog

Over easy eggs on or in foods (steaks, soups, etc.)

Drama Llamas (seems everyone gravitates towards them)

Black Friday

I have not tried a Quest bar yet but I have to admit I am oddly intrigued by the collective MFP fascination/obsession with those ;-) I keep thinking "can they truly be that amazing?"

Agree on the drama llamas...lol

And Black Friday is another source of amusement for me. My husband and I went out into the thick of it in the wee hours just for a laugh.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    You definitely named a couple of things I love haha. Let's see, what would some of mine be...

Facebook (yet here I am on a social networking site, socializing. I never said it made sense)

Market Street - also known as Meat Market Street, it exists in Downtown Denver and is a stretch of dance clubs and bars which all play the same music and is terribly crowded

Hatchbacks

CSI

The word "kudos" or "snaps"

Aww I drive and love hatchbacks!! CSI I do not get though. Actually 99% of TV leaves me flat.