Replies

• abhull14
    abhull14 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Nice work!!
  • urban_ninja
    urban_ninja Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!! I weighed the same as you at my peak so I can relate. Awesome accomplishment!
  • daliyanin
    daliyanin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations!!
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    You look so much younger and fitter. What a lovely wife to remind you how far you've come.
    Can I ask: the way you eat now, is it still for weight loss or will it work for long term maintenance?
  • LisaRep88
    LisaRep88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I agree. You have to track your food before going out to eat. Otherwise, it's just too hard!

You look great!
  • love9705
    love9705 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Wow you are truly and inspiration and congrats!!!
  • Amyy1982
    Amyy1982 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have pretty much had my loss goal to be 2lbs per week the entire time with my activity level changing as I've gotten more active. Some weeks I lost .5lbs and some around 2. My general weekly loss (I weigh-in every Saturday morning) has been somewhere around or above 1lb.

I'm very careful to never go over my calorie goal set by MFP each day. If I want to eat something high (ex: pizza), I go for a run. If I know that I'm going to eat more or have a higher calorie intake going into a day, I track my food the day before or when I get up in the morning. I almost always track what I'm going to eat before I actually eat or order it (especially when eating out).

Great tips!! Thank you! You look great!!
  • stacyjbaker1010
    stacyjbaker1010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    awesome job!
  • sunnykay2014
    sunnykay2014 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You look great. Thank you for sharing. ...very inspirational.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Congrats !!! Well done !
  • katiemegcz
    katiemegcz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great! Very inspiring!!
  • lbpowers0506
    lbpowers0506 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You look so much younger and fitter. What a lovely wife to remind you how far you've come.
    Can I ask: the way you eat now, is it still for weight loss or will it work for long term maintenance?

Right now it's still for weight loss. My goal weight is about 3 lbs away from where I am now, so I'm still working to get there. Once that happens, I change my goals on MFP to maintenance and eat for that. I am probably not the poster child for healthy eating as I've lost the weight eating what I wanted but in moderation. I hardly ever eat fast food, though, and I try to never go over 850-900 calories in one meal (most of the time I stay below 600 per meal). Right now MFP gives me 1590 calories a day, so I'm looking forward to being able to increase that once I'm maintaining.

I really think that I've only gained maybe 3 times at weigh in over the whole MFP journey so far. It takes a lot of patience with yourself and tracking but it's possible. I can say that, when I started tracking, I'd eat over half my daily calories in one meal (ie. pizza) and then eat something small for the rest of the meals. Now I try to keep my meals small and have 1-2 snacks per day (so eating throughout the day.

____

Thanks for the thoughtful words everyone! The MFP community has certainly gotten me to this point! Thank you!
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Wow, GREAT job!!! Congratulations!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!