Before Picx - How depressing!

Options
Just posted before picx to my profile (I couldn't get them copied into this post). It is extremely depressing! I look 9 months pregnant! I'm actually heavier now than I was when I delivered each of my kids.

Replies

• WonderNoodle
    Options
    ....and you've already lost 5lbs! GO KIMMIE!

hell! i looked GOOD 9 months pregnant with my first boy! lol! i'd give anything to look now like i did then :sad:

you are being the role model your daughters need! you're taking charge of your health! bravo! :flowerforyou:
  • michelearnold
    Options
    Don't get discouraged, Kimmie! You have taken the biggest step and that is deciding to make a change for the better! You can do this. Just don't set goals that are too high at first. Try decreasing your calorie intake by small steps down. That is what worked for me. And don't feel like you have to deny yourself anything. You can have a little taste of something you really want....just don't forget to add it in to your food diary and count the calories. And remember, you didn't put all your weight on overnite and it isn't going to come off overnite! This is a lifestyle change, not a DIET! You will be eating this way for the rest of your life, so there is no hurry to see results. They will come, it just takes time.

1975930.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    This site really helps.
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I actually lost weight while pregnant thanks to 9 months of "morning" sickness. I lost about 20 lbs between the time I got pregnant my Libby (6) and delivered Toddy(2). I've gained it all back in the last year. :mad:
  • kimmiebear70
    Options
    Don't get discouraged, Kimmie! You have taken the biggest step and that is deciding to make a change for the better! You can do this. Just don't set goals that are too high at first. Try decreasing your calorie intake by small steps down. That is what worked for me. And don't feel like you have to deny yourself anything. You can have a little taste of something you really want....just don't forget to add it in to your food diary and count the calories. And remember, you didn't put all your weight on overnite and it isn't going to come off overnite! This is a lifestyle change, not a DIET! You will be eating this way for the rest of your life, so there is no hurry to see results. They will come, it just takes time.
  • kimmiebear70
    Options
    Thanks. I really like this site and as you mentioned, I have been taking small steps. My goal is to lose about 10 lbs/month. I've been exercising every day and with the calories I "earn", I really haven't felt deprived at all. I even ate Sonic for lunch (grilled chicken sandwich, fries, and unsweet tea). I was amazed that the fries had almost as many calories as the sandwich. Those will definitely be an occasional treat for sure!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Well look at you now owning the change and beginning.

I find beginning the really hard part. Once started you are already in and going. So you win! You began! My baby weight has taken 10 years. I'm not going to let it go another year. Lets stop that and get healthy! It's much more satisfying being a parent when you can move around better, and want to!
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You've already taken the steps to start, which is hard in and of itself, and you've lost 5 lbs to boot! You'll do great. :)
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    Try not to get discouraged by the before pics - no one likes them, but when you look back on them as you make progress you'll like having the comparison. Just focus on getting healthy and how hot you'll look when you get there :happy: Keep taking progress pics too. I can't really see a difference when I look in the mirror, but boy can I can see it in pictures - and it feels amazing!

This site is a huge help, I know I wouldn't be where I am without it. You can do this!! :drinker:
  • Fitness_Pal_Lisa
    Options
    Congrats on your recent weight loss keep up the great work I'm just starting out too.
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    The before pics can be really motivating. It is hard at first to adapt to a new. healthier more active lifestyle. So just start by making small changes here and there. Do not do a massive overhaul all at once. You have a very supportive group of like minded individuals on this site, so you have the tools you need to make lasting changes. Good luck! We all started somewhere ;-)
  • sabrina35
    Options
    Don't be depressed, just stay focus on your goal and imagine what the after pictures are going to look like. :)
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I think you've got a really good start already! It took me a long time to post my befores! You have accepted that you need to do this, and you've already started losing weight. Be proud. You're working on it. :)
  • Eddie870
    Options
    DONT GET DISCOURGAE SLOWLY BUT SURELY. PERSERVANCE WILL GET YOU THERE WHAT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU HAVE TAKEN A STEP TO DEAL WITH THIS DILEMA WE ALL DEAL WITH.
    GOOD LUCK AND HANG IN THERE..
  • TulsaTim
    Options
    You have found a great resource here at MFP. I am encouraged daily by seeing how others have been been able to lose literally hundreds of pounds. Keep smiling and never give up!
  • ReddZee
    Options
    It's not easy; you're right about that. But I've already found out the people here can help tremendously and that makes it easier.