Staying motivated?

Options
Okay so i stay motivated for a short time then im not... what are your ways to stay motivated?

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I don't have any answers except never give up starting again. I'll have bad days, bad weeks and sometimes even longer. But I keep coming back. Try and keep yourself challenged with exercise, even if your food intake isn't ideal. At least that way one will ballance the other out. Joining exercise challenges on the fitness board have helped to keep me moving, its harder to give up if yur doing it as a group and everyone is encouraging you on.

I'm considering starting a Jillian Michaels challenge for January, where you can do any of her workouts as long as you do it 6 days a week. I have her 30 day shred (half way through and loving it!) and I'm going to get No more trouble zones and Banish fat boot metablolism and mix them up. Feel free to join, I'll be posting it on my stsus and on the fitness board later in the month.
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    look at old photos and in the mirror
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    look at old photos and in the mirror

works for me
  • BWatzka
    Options
    When I first started, I started with a friend and co-worker... we helped each other stay on track and it was much easier, especially at work, to have someone who understood why I wasn't eating the cookies in the break room or why I didn't want to go for ice cream at lunch.

Now, after about 5 months, I'm motivated by my results (the weight I've lost). I showed myself that I can stick with it and I can lose weight, so I'm motivated to keep going.

Also, I've established a new relationship with food... I'm now able to recognize that eating healthy foods really makes me feel so good. I still have my moments of weakness, but now, if I eat greasy pizza or french fries, my body truly feels the horrible effects. I can now tell myself, don't eat that, you know you'll be sick later, which works as motivation as well.
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have many forms of motivation to keep me going.
    1. Showing up my ex-husband, no I don't want him back!
    2. To wear cute clothes
    3. To become healthy and fit
    4. Live longer for my kids
    5. To like myself more and feel good about me

Keep at it and never quit! Every day is a new day, dig deep and find it within yourself to keep on the right path. You can do it, just think how good it makes you feel to eat right and exercise! Good luck! Keep logging in for support.
  • Craig772
    Craig772 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've uploaded my training photo's to my MFP profile. Every so often I'll take a look and I am fired up for for another session or better eating.