I was a good girl yesterday!

Options
downtome
downtome Posts: 529 Member
Yesterday I went shopping at Costco, I woke up about noon so I didn't eat breakfast or lunch yet. I was starving by the time I was done shopping so I decided to eat at the food court. Well, the choices are few but I decided on the pepporoni pizza slice. I didn't eat it all but I counted the calories and logged that in. After the pizza I wanted one of those nonfat chocolate yogurts, so I went to the counter and asked how many calories where in their serving. A whopping 390, so I said No thank you and decided against it. That was a mini victory for me, for saying No and walking away. I was so proud of myself for beating the temptation. If it wasn't for all the success on this site I probally would be back to my old eating habits by now. I'm only almost 2 weeks in but my motivation and will is strong to keep going. You guys are so motivating. Thank you for that. Even with the pizza slice, I ended up under my caloric goal for the day. yah me! Thanks for the support guys!

Replies

• Craig772
    Craig772 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hey way to go. Well done. :happy: That's what it's all about.
  • bucky17h
    bucky17h Posts: 120
    Options
    Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    way to go! that is an awesome victory - keep it up!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    great job!!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    You are awesome! You don't have to give up ANYTHING, but (as your choice shows) you can't eat everything at once. You chose the pizza so you also chose to skip the yogurt. Next time, maybe the yogurt will be chosen, but you'll balance your day accordingly. That's what it's about: balance.

GREAT JOB!

Charmagne
  • ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with superwmn!! My boss is buying us pizza for lunch today for the holidays and as an appreciation so I had my normal 245 calorie breakfast but I told my boyfriend last night that it's gonna be a great big salad for me tonight. :) All my calories just moved from supper to lunch, which happens sometimes. It's the unplanned things that I'm still working on dealing with.
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    Good job, usually its those choices we have to say no to that are the hardest.. Keep going and making positive choices.. YOU CAN DO THIS! ;)

~Nisharae
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!