ARIZONA INFO!!!

Options
ChristinaOrtiz23
ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
so I'm from the east coast and never ever been on the west coast! I'm going to Arizona the summer of 2015 (mesa to be exact) and was wondering if anyone lives, lived or been there and has any great tourist spot ideas? I can search it but would love to hear from actually people, especially if they know about any spots that wouldn't be online! Its a family trip so kids will be there! Also great food spots too!!

Thank You!!!

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I drove through.. The sunset at Phoenix was the most beautiful thing I've seen in my life at the time.
    This was back in 2008.

Don't have anything else, though haha.
    Have fun! :flowerforyou:
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    If you are here for the summer, You will want to look up water parks for the kids. It is HOT! I hope you enjoy your stay here in beautiful AZ :)
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    Options
    I drove through.. The sunset at Phoenix was the most beautiful thing I've seen in my life at the time.
    This was back in 2008.

Don't have anything else, though haha.
    Have fun! :flowerforyou:

Phoenix is right around the corner! I would LOVE to see that! thanks :happy:
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    Options
    If you are here for the summer, You will want to look up water parks for the kids. It is HOT! I hope you enjoy your stay here in beautiful AZ :)

HOT!! Lost of sweating AND WEIGHT LOSS lol!! thanks hun!
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Mesa is Phoenix. Its all just one big metro area now. If you want to experience the beauty of the area, you have to get out of the city. Its basically LA without access to the coast and insanely hot. Get in a car and drive out of the city. Sedona is a great and beautiful spot. The drive through the Oak Creek Canyon is spectacular (if you have seen Disney's Cars, this is it in real life). Whatever you do, if you truly want to appreciate what Arizona has to offer, get yourself out of the city.
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    so I'm from the east coast and never ever been on the west coast! I'm going to Arizona the summer of 2015 (mesa to be exact) and was wondering if anyone lives, lived or been there and has any great tourist spot ideas? I can search it but would love to hear from actually people, especially if they know about any spots that wouldn't be online! Its a family trip so kids will be there! Also great food spots too!!

Thank You!!!

It's gonna be hottttttttt up in Phoenix. Yelp will be your friend. A lot of things to do, but try to schedule activities that are indoor or after 8PM...that heat will eat you up.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    go tell sean miller I miss him :(

*disheartened xavier fan*
  • Docmahi
    Options

i wonder how many people will actually understand this reference - I know SGM will
  • SGM_Adonis
    Options

i wonder how many people will actually understand this reference - I know SGM will

Sean Miller DON"T MISS YOU!!! He's busy winning games. BOOM!!

Hey Doc...I'm giving you a kitchen pass bro...go ahead and become a Wildcat fan. I won't hate.
  • Docmahi
    Options

Sean Miller DON"T MISS YOU!!! He's busy winning games. BOOM!!

Hey Doc...I'm giving you a kitchen pass bro...go ahead and become a Wildcat fan. I won't hate.

lol hes a damn good coach - I can't hate, it was inevitable

haha I'll stick with my muskies - cheer on from the NIT *facepalm*
  • mantium999
    Options

Wrong city, but us in T-town appreciate your sentiment.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I lived at Luke AFB, and everything that's been said about the heat is true. If you go out in the day, you'll wonder if you've gone to Hell.
  • SGM_Adonis
    Options

You mean there's a basketball program in Phoenix?
  • mantium999
    Options

You mean there's a basketball program in Phoenix?

I like you, and refuse to acknowledge what happened a few weeks ago.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options

Pitt's point guard...good coach too
  • SGM_Adonis
    Options
    940x.jpg

See that face Doc? It's beautiful.
  • HikerRR50
    HikerRR50 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Take a trip up north and visit Sedona AZ. slide rock is fun - ice cold water :)
    Food places worth the drive from Mesa: Tacos Atoyac, Los reyos de la torta, Chino Banditos
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Mesa in the summer?! No thank you. Everything fun to do outside is pretty much out of the question. A dry heat is still really hot when it's 115 outside. Indoor sporting events may be a good option.
    Good eats: los dos molinos

Try http://www.visitmesa.com/
  • Docmahi
    Options

Pitt's point guard...good coach too

yeah they always like to show clips of that play where he had the assist to the shattered backboard haha
  • Docmahi
    Options
    940x.jpg

See that face Doc? It's beautiful.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

cruel bro - cruel, lol