5k Fun Run

Options
Yeah. I'm doing it. I'm so freaking unfit, but it's for a charity that saved my niece's life. So, I have until June to psych myself up! Has anyone done anything like this? What kept you going? I know 5k isn't super far, but still. Did you listen to music? Do you have any good bands that boost your energy and make you want to run further?

This might be against MFP rules and general internet etiquette, but if anyone would like to donate, it would be super appreciated. Even £1/$1 would be awesome. Every little bit helps!

http://events.gosh.org/site/TR/RBCRacefortheKids/General?px=1060721&pg=personal&fr_id=1090 URL Settings

Replies

• chelseafisher5648
    chelseafisher5648 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have never done it but want to. r u from Sioux city area?
  • VCYoga
    VCYoga Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Anyone can run 5k. Just have fun with it. Walk when you need to and enjoy the company.
    i'm doing the Colour Me Rad 5K this summer. Its my "treat" run with my husband. Really excited.
  • chelseafisher5648
    chelseafisher5648 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Anyone can run 5k. Just have fun with it. Walk when you need to and enjoy the company.
    i'm doing the Colour Me Rad 5K this summer. Its my "treat" run with my husband. Really excited.

Do they do these everywhere
  • Vonikins
    Vonikins Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I briskly walked my first 5K last month and it was fun. I listened to a playlist packed with P!nk songs and just enjoyed the beautiful day. My suggestion is to look into trying the C25K program if you want to do more than just walk the race. Otherwise, use MapMyRun to figure out a route that is first 1mile than 2 miles and finally 3 miles, and just work your way through that those routes. Alternatively I just took my tablet with me to my treadmill and watch one of my shows on my Hulu queue and moved while watching. Nothing too fast, but I could usually get at least 2 miles in if not close to 3 during a single 1hr episode. The consistency helped me feel like I at least knew I would be able to cross the finish line. Good luck and have fun.
  • cassie_golden
    cassie_golden Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing the 5k color me rad run in may. its my first one ever i'm really excited about it. I've started the c25k and its helped me out a lot.
    and as far as music goes
    i like now thats what i call running
    and pretty much any rock and pop music gets me in the mood to run harder:)