Lose 75 pounds+ Group

Options
Hi, I wanted to start a group for people who have 75+ pounds to lose. I do not want to set a limit on the number of people who want to join, The only requirement is that you have 75 or more pounds to lose. I started a group called "December Weight Loss Challenge" and it motivated me so much that I would like to have a group also not just for the month but for the entire journey. We can weigh in every week and be each other's support. I am dedicated in weighing in and will not back out. Today I weighed in at 225.5 and I would like to be 150 or less.

Replies

• JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    I'm in. I have an overall goal of 90.. I've still got 50 lbs to get there.
  • ct1986
    ct1986 Posts: 200
    Options
    I'm in.

I'm at 220 today with a goal to be at 120. So definatly still have a ways to go but I'm getting there.
  • AislynneRobot
    AislynneRobot Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My goal is 100 , I have lost 1 so far and need motivation.
  • Christie_78
    Christie_78 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Count me in please!!! I have 96 or so until I reach goal!!
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started with 88lbs to lose, I'm now down to 74. I'm currently at 239 and 165 is my first goal, then I'll reevaluate and see where I want to go from there.

I think this group is a great idea. We can all cheer each other on! Since I've started MFP, I've had the best results and I've stayed committed longer than I ever had before "dieting." This place is fabulous, so I'm with you, totally committed, not backing out!
  • jennyk82
    Options
    Count me in too!
  • dmc729
    Options
    Count me in too, please. I just joined myfitnesspal today and have weight loss goal to lose 90 lbs.
  • smarie62
    Options
    Count me in! I have another 135 to go.
  • katecampbell03
    Options
    I am trying to loose 80 lbs so count me in.
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    Awesome. Thanks everyone, I am excited. Does everyone want to weigh in weekly? If so, just post your starting weight and your goal weight. I can post a weekly chart so we can track our progress. I have found that is a big motivational tool. Should we have a deadline of when we want the 75+ pounds gone by? Everyone can pick their own deadline. I know it may sound like a stretch, I would love to weigh around 150 by July 1st. I started the Flat Belly Diet and so far I've lost 4.5 pounds this week. I just want to be able to wear a bathing suit and not feel ashamed. It's been 3 years since I weighed in the 100's and I am ready to say goodbye for good to the 200's! :)
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    We can start our weigh ins this friday. For the ones who haven't yet, make sure you post your starting weight, and your goal weight.
  • katecampbell03
    Options
    I've lost 2.6 lbs since last Wednesday. Yah!!!!!!!
  • ct1986
    Options
    Alright so it's Friday and I am down 0.6 lbs and at 219.4 lbs.
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    Im at 221.5
  • malg64
    Options
    i am in...221.0
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    This Friday when we weigh in again, on saturday I can posts a chart of our success. Does everyone want to have a deadline date that your shooting for to lose the 75 lbs?
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    My personal goal is November 2011 to be at my first ultimate goal weight of 165. I think the deadlines are going to be different for everyone, but I also think that not having the New Year's resolution to lose weight in 2012 is a really good goal for everyone. We all know we've done it year after year, so let's just NOT next year. What do you think?

I think Friday weigh ins are a good idea - before the weekend haha! I did weigh on Friday: 238.6. Not a huge loss at first sight, but I had gained 3lbs the weekend prior and dropped them plus 1 by Friday so yipee! :smile:

Great group LaDolceVita. Thanks!
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    Well its Friday, weigh in day. Today I am at 219. I think I am going to start a lose 50+ group on january 1st, that way more people can be included. Anyone in this group that wants to join, you are more than welcome to
  • ct1986
    Options
    I'm up 223.0; that's 4 pounds! I'm just struggling a lot lately.
  • JWALL101
    Options
    Is It okay if i join also? I have a 100 pounds to loose.
    My weight: 300
    Gw: 200