need in-between clothes

Options
13»

Replies

• NessaR2011
    NessaR2011 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    It sounds terrible I know but the first time I ordered them, they were too big with the tag still on them and never actually worn. About a month later I came back with the new pair stating that they were a size too big as well. Since they don't note why it was really returned, it's not an issue. They were a pair of dress pants that I only wore once before returning them the second time.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    It sounds terrible I know but the first time I ordered them, they were too big with the tag still on them and never actually worn. About a month later I came back with the new pair stating that they were a size too big as well. Since they don't note why it was really returned, it's not an issue. They were a pair of dress pants that I only wore once before returning them the second time.

It does sound terrible and it drives up prices over time. Thanks for that. smh
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options

see - I did misunderstand...I thought you were wearing them until they didn't fit and then returning them using different excuses LOL

I have some 14's and 12's I wouldn't mid giving away - not sure it would save anyone money shipping vs. goodwill/SA
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    dym123 isn't that funny how that works? Now that I've started shopping thrift I don't think I can ever go back. I have found tops at thrift stores not to be quite as nice, so I can see myself buying tops retail here and there, but the bulk of my shopping from here on out will always be thrift!

I have the same problem with tops, I buy mostly pants/jeans and blazers for work at thrift stores, tend to stick with fitted t-shirts and camis from Old Navy to wear under the blazers. Though with warmer weather coming, I don't have any shorts or regular t-shirts. Oh, well I guess I'll have to go shopping.
  • NessaR2011
    NessaR2011 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    OH no! Not like that. The jeans I got from there didn't get returned because I wore them often. Now they sit in one of the 3 bags of clothes that I'm hoping to give someone in need. I basically have anything from 26-20 sitting in garbage bags and a huge mesh laundry bag in my bedroom. I've offered some of it to a few people and no one has stopped by to look at them or get them. If anyone still on this post is interested, send me a PM with the size you need and an email address and I'll take pictures of what I have. I have a few coats too. I'd much rather see them get passed to someone on the same kind of journey I'm on than to make any money from it or anything!
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Get a couple pairs at Old Navy!!!! Not the skinny ones (they run a little funky in sizes) but the bootcuts have always been a good fit at any size and they always have sales too!! Otherwise, go to Target and get the multiholed belt (I'm using it now) each time you reduce your size the belt shrinks with you. :drinker:
  • srogers89
    srogers89 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    If you can jump online try ASOS.COM they ship for free and their stuff starts from $5. They have a mix of expensive and no so expensive items but you could probably pick up a decent amount of clothing (at least the next seasons worth) for under $100. I often purchase my work clothes from their as I hate parting with money for boring clothes!
  • seattle_hd
    seattle_hd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's a good success! I bought several pairs of stretchy pants, yoga pants and jeggings and those are the only things that look good on me. I'm swimming in my size 14's.. it's a good feeling!!

Check TJ Maxx, Marshalls, or one of the discount stores.
  • RamonaFr
    RamonaFr Posts: 112
    Options
    Interesting thread. I recommend that you look at ebay regularly, just sort the listings by "recently listed" so you only look at newly listed stuff. I recently needed new clothes and got several pairs of jeans on ebay for very reasonable prices -- I actually scored one new pair of jeans for 99 cents plus shipping. I just need one week's clothing right now, as I am retired, but someday hope to branch out into shopping for cute stuff when I reach my goal.
  • minischnauz4
    minischnauz4 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've never heard of the site, but I'll check into it.
  • minischnauz4
    minischnauz4 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your suggestion. I've never heard of that website so I'll be checking it out.
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Aprilfoolbride Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I just came across this http://www.swapdom.com/
  • hep26000
    hep26000 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Alloy.com has nice jeans and affordable. I'm 6' so I buy them there to get their long inseam jeans. Love them! Usually around $30 a pair.
  • lisamarie5266
    lisamarie5266 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    T shirts Michael's $2.99 or dollar stores and a belt I can still wear my size 16 (stretchy jeans that really stretch compared to high waist jeans) even though I'm down to loose 12.
  • zaellany
    zaellany Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good advice in this thread. I am down almost two sizes, and need to start figuring out what to do about clothes, because my old clothes are not working anymore unless I safety-pin or belt them (which looks terrible. My boss' boss, who lost about 85 lbs herself a number of years ago, actually told me today in the bathroom "I think it's time for some new work pants." :-( It was well-intentioned - she congratulated me - but if people are noticing, it's definitely time to size down. I can't spend a lot of money right now, so the thrift store is going to be the way to go.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!